I- Current Situation:
A. Current Performance
• In 2005, Harley-Davidson’s sales grew to $5.34 billion, a 6.5% increase over 2004.
• The net income grew 7.8% to $959.6 million.
• Diluted full-year earnings per share rose 13.7% to $3.41 compared to 2004.
• Harley-Davidson is shipping 329,017 new motorcycles globally.
• The worldwide retail sales of Harley-Davidson motorcycles grew 6.2% to 317,169 units and international retail sales climbed 19.9% over the prior year.
• The company has 49.6% of the North America market share compare to its competitors: Honda 16.6%, Suzuki 12.4%, Yamaha 8.9%, Kawasaki 6.5%, and Others 6.0%. The significant amount of market share Harley-Davidson owns in the North American market helped the company generates the highest net revenues of $4,304 million in 2005.
B. Strategic Posture
• "We fulfill dreams through the experience of motorcycling, by providing to motorcyclists and to the general public an expanding line of motorcycles, branded products and services in selected market segments."
• Continue growth of 7 to 9% annually
• Expand customer base
• Rebuild investor's confidence in Harley Davidson
• Continue its customer focus strategy. Harley-Davidson offers a wide range of products and services, clothing, accessories, and a range of affordable motorcycles to higher-end luxury models targeting customers in all age groups.
• Continue the company's ongoing manufacturing strategy designed to increase capacity, improve product quality, reduce costs and increase flexibility to respond to changes in the marketplace.
• Continue to establish and reinforce long-term relationships with suppliers.
• Continue research and development to lead the custom and touring motorcycling market and to develop products for the performance segment.... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2008, 12). Harley-Davison Case. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 12, 2008, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Harley-Davison-Case-185961.html
"Harley-Davison Case" StudyMode.com. 12 2008. 12 2008 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Harley-Davison-Case-185961.html>.
"Harley-Davison Case." StudyMode.com. 12, 2008. Accessed 12, 2008. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Harley-Davison-Case-185961.html.