2) Hard Rock Music as a Positive Social Force
Introduction Music is a universal language
a. Music affects our temperaments
b. Many intelligent people were musicians: Albert Einstein, Jefferson, etc.
3) Hard Rock Music is bad for the mind
a. Researches conducted on the learning and studying patterns of people while listening to hard rock
b. All show that listening to hard rock music greatly lowers cognitive abilities and memory
4) Hard Rock Music is bad for the body
a. Causes muscle strength to go weak
b. Also disrupts the communication between the two hemispheres of the brain, causing learning problems
c. Can cause general malaise in children as well as adults
5) Hard Rock Music is bad for the society
1) “The influence of rock and roll is far-reaching, and has had significant impact worldwide on fashion, film styles, and attitudes towards sex and sexuality and use of drugs and alcohol. This impact is broad enough that "rock and roll" may also be considered a life style in addition to a form of music” (Wikipedia).
2) “According to The Center for New Discoveries in Learning, learning potential can be increased a minimum of five times by using this 60 beats per minute music. For example, the ancient Greeks sang their dramas because they understood how music could help them remember more easily” (O’Donnell).
3) “The human mind shuts down after three or four repetitions of a rhythm, or a melody, or a harmonic progression.” (O’Donnell).
• Music is the universal language. Everyone loves music, yet there are certain kinds of music that can have great adverse effects on the humans and our society.
• Many of the most intelligent people in the world have been known to be musicians, including Thomas Jefferson and Albert Einstein.
• Much of research has shown listening to such music as Bach or Beethoven can even enhance a person’s intellectual thoughts and serve him better memory stores.
• However, it is also... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2009, 07). Hard Rock. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 07, 2009, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Hard-Rock-217139.html
"Hard Rock" StudyMode.com. 07 2009. 07 2009 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Hard-Rock-217139.html>.
"Hard Rock." StudyMode.com. 07, 2009. Accessed 07, 2009. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Hard-Rock-217139.html.