[Pick the date]
* A hand sanitizer or hand antiseptic is a supplement or alternative to hand washing with soap and water.
* Various preparations are available, including gel, foam, and liquid solutions.
* The active ingredient in hand sanitizers may be isopropanol, ethanol, n-propanol, povidone-iodine.
* Inactive ingredients in alcohol rubs typically include a thickening agent such as polyacrylic acid for alcohol gels, humectants such as glycerin for liquid rubs, propylene glycol, and essential oils of plants.
* Alcohol based hand sanitizers are more effective at killing germs than soaps and do not dry out hands as much.
* Common non-alcohol, rinse-free hand sanitizer brands use either small concentrations of the nitrogenous cationic surface-acting agent benzalkonium chloride or the chlorinated aromatic compound triclosan or povidone-iodine
* All hand sanitizer products require NDC designation in United States and NPN designation in Canada. Hand sanitizer is controlled as a biocide in Europe.
Alcohol Based Hand Sanitizers: Dr. Bronner's
Organic Hand Sanitizing Spray, Purell, Germ-X, GermFree, Hygel, Deb, Aqium, Dettol, Avant, Germ Out, Aquawet, Method Products.
Non- Alcohol Based Hand Sanitizers:
Gold Bond Ultimate, MicroAromor, Hy5,
HAND SANITIZERS WITH THEIR USAGE & INGREDIENTS
Hand Sanitizer Brands| Places of Use| Active Ingredients| Inactive Ingredients| Efficacy| Application| Dr. Bronner's Organic Hand Sanitizing Spray| Home & Hospitals| 62% Organic Ethanol| Water, Organic Glycerine, Organic Lavender Oil.| Gram positive, and Gram negative bacteria, yeast and molds.| Direct Rub| Purell| Widely in Hospitals| 63% ethyl alcohol| Water, Isopropyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, Isopropyl Myrisate, Fragrance| E. coli, Staphylococcus sp., Streptococcus sp., Salmonella sp. at > 99.99| Direct Rub| Germ- X| Desk, Car, Restroom, School, Garage, Retail Counter.| 63% Ethyl Alcohol| Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Cross polymer, Benzophenone-4, Fragrance with Vitamin E, Glycerine, Tocopherol, Water | 9.99% of many common harmful germs and bacterial | Direct Rub| GermFree| Travel, Hotels & Hospitals| 62% Ethyl Alcohol| | Bacteria, Virus & Fungi| Without water| Hygel| Home & Hospitals | Ethyl Alcohol| Water, isopropyl alcohol, vit A & E, carbomer, glycerine, popylene glycol, fruit fragrance| Germs & Bacteria's| Without Water| Deb Instant FOAM| * * Outdoor * Office/Commercial/Leisure * Medical Rooms & Laboratories * Food Service & Catering| 70% Ethyl Alcohol| Water, Bis-PEG-12 Dimethicone, Behentrimon-ium Chloride, PEG-200 Hydrogenat-ed Glyceryl Palmate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Coco-Clucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Dihydroxyp-ropyl PEG-5 Linoleamm-onim | 99.999% effective against common germs and bacteria's| Foam basedUsed without water| Aqium| Home & aloevera aqium is hospital formulation| 66% Ethanol| Thickener, Dexpanthen-ol, DL-alpha-tocopheryl acetate, Fragrance, pH neutraliser, Water – purified| Bacteria and Viruses| Apply on dry hands| Avant| Hospitals, Restaurants, fitness centres| 70% Ethyl Alcohol| Isopropanol| Clostridium difficile,Enterococcus faecium; Enterococcus faecalis; and Staphylococcus aureus MMRSA.| Foaming hand sanitizer; apply without water| Germ Out| Schools, Work place,Pub-lic restroom| 70%Isopropanol and 0.02%Benzalkonium chloride| No inactive ingredients| Bacteria's, Viruses & Fungi| Gel based used with water| Aquawet| Schools, Hospitals, Public Toilets.| 60% Ethyl Alcohol| Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Carbomer, Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Triethanolamine,Water | 99.9% of offending germs| Used without...