Production system of our concept idea will be to cook-hold food. There are hazards involved that can affect the food from production to its delivery. We need to identify possible hazards from start to finish of a product and also decide at what step of the process they are likely to occur and putting in controls to prevent it.
There are seven principles of the HACCP system.
1. Conduct a hazard analysis
2. Determine the crictical control points (CCPs)
3. Establishing critical limit
4. Establish a system to monitor control of the CCP
5. Establish the corrective action to be taken when mornitoring indicates that a particular CCP is not under control. 6. Establish procedures for verification to confirm that the HACCP system is working effectively. 7. Establish documentation concerning all procedures and records appropriate to these principles and their application.
BBQ Chicken Wings – Process flow chart
Chicken wings are delivered frozen, checks are made to ensure that it is delivered in its optimum refrigerated temperature from the supplier to ensure bacteria doesn’t grow and any damaged good will be sent back to the supplier.
Chicken wings will be stored in refrigerator of temperature of 4C or lower and only several days before it will be discarded to avoid it being used as it is a perishable product. Different fridges will be used to store poultry, meat and raw and cooked food separate, this to prevent cross contamination. A system of stock rotation will be in place to ensure older foods are used first to avoid spoilage. What was first in will be first out.
For production of the BBQ hot wings, proper equipment will be used during the cooking process. There will be dedicated boards or surfaces for different types of items during preparation to avoid cross handing of food and cross...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document