PARENT’S TEACHER MEETING REPORT
(ACADEMIC SESSION: 2011-2013)
SUPERVISOR: Ms. GEETA KAPOOR
PREPARED BY: HARSHI LAMBA
ETE IInd year Sec. - A
ROLL NO. – 19
SCHOOL- R.S.K.V. SURAJMAL VIHAR
MEANING OF THE PARENT’S TEACHER MEETING (P.T.M.)
* A parent-teacher meeting is a short meeting or conference between the parents and teachers of students to discuss children's progress at school and find solutions to academic or behavioral problems. * P.T.M. is an interaction between teachers and parents for the purpose of making parents and teachers aware of the problems of the students. * It includes problems faced by the teachers and the parents and finding their solutions. It extends further to know about their aspirations, their special desires related to school and the students. It also gives an opportunity to teachers to help parents in finding solutions of the problems of students.
OBJECTIVES OF PTM
* To understand the problem of the parents related to their child’s study, behavior & career, etc. * To find out the remedies of their problems.
* To know about the progress of their wards.
* To know from the students about their aspirations.
* To get suggestions from the parents.
* To apply these suggestions in improving teaching-learning process. ORGANISING PTM
Planning is the most essential component responsible for the successful completion of any project. Following are the steps that we followed for organizing ptm:- * First of all, we fixed a date for ptm and got it finalized by the school principal. * Then, a week before parents were informed about PTM so that, they could make proper time arrangement for attending PTM. * After that, with school principal’s permission a room was selected and a big banner was hung outside the room on the day of ptm so that the parents could know the place of meeting.
* Are you a working parent?
* Do you help her in her homework?
Please join StudyMode to read the full document