Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies
Proposal of the Event
SPANDAN, since its inception in 2004, has always been the initiative of the final year students of Journalism and Mass Communications at VIPS. Through this unique blend of innovation and excitement called SPANDAN, we aspire to learn and master the concepts of Event Management taught to us by applying our classroom theories in real time. The journey of SPANDAN has always been an astounding success in itself and this year too, we plan to recapitulate the same success story. This year, our four day gala aims at bringing together more than 5000 students from different colleges and universities in and around Delhi, to gather and enjoy the fervor of the event. This mega cultural festival, promises to be exuberant in every manner possible for the students. What sets apart SPANDAN from other student festivals is that SPANDAN invariably caters to evolving media trends during its “age of metamorphosis”. It not only showcases the same every year, but also strives to make all the budding media professionals more receptive and responsive to the changing media and evolving media ethics. We are grateful to corporate giants such as AIRTEL, KINGFISHER, MICROSOFT and ONGC for honoring our previous endeavors by sponsoring our fest more than once which only reassures the trust they place in us. SAIL, CANARA BANK, ADVENTURE ISLAND, CORPORATION BANK, ACTION, AYUR are few of the other corporate heavyweights who have supported this student venture over the years. The reputation of the fest is reaffirmed by the various media partners it has been associated with in the past. The eight year old festival has already had the honor of collaborating with media houses like THE TIMES OF INDIA, HINDUSTAN TIMES, ZEE NEWS, RADIO MIRCHI, RED FM, THE STATESMAN, THE PIONEER, NAYI DUNIYA, MH1 NEWS, MAIL TODAY.
This year SPANDAN will host 31 events within a span of 4 days i.e. from 07th to 10th Nov. 2012 in the institute’s sprawling campus at Pitampura, New Delhi. These events shall be judged by veterans of the profession respective to the event. The venue and the dates chosen are ideal for the event, in coherence with the nature of the event and the targeted audience.
With a lively ambience, amiable hospitality and all other factors taken into consideration, SPANDAN is the most promising event at this time of the year. SPANDAN vows to be bigger, better and merrier than its predecessors. Exuberance all the way!
SPANDAN has been graced and supported by many media industry veterans. Year after year, they have blessed, encouraged and motivated us to carry forward this legacy that we call SPANDAN. The list of such veterans includes,
1. Mr. Kuldeep Nayar (Veteran Journalist)
2. Mr. Karan Thapar (TV commentator and Interviewer)
3. Mr. Rajdeep Sardesai (Editor-in-chief of IBN18 Network) 4. Mr. H.K. Dua(Veteran Journalist)
5. Mr. Prabhu Chawla (Editorial Director of The New Indian Express Newspaper host of the new talk show 'Sachichi Baat' on ETV ) 6. Mr. B.G. Verghese (Senior Indian Jornalist and winner of Magsaysay Award) 7. Mr. Suneet Tondon (Director at Indian Institute of Mass Communication - IIMC) 8. Mr. Amitabh Srivastav (Director at I Media International) 9. Ms. Indira Goswami(Writer)
10. Late Sri. Arjun Singh (Union Minister of Human Resource Development) 11. Ms. Shubha Mudgal (Singer)
12. Mr. Qamar Wahid Naqvi (Editorial Head and News Director, TV Today Network Ltd.) 13. Mr. Naveen Jindal (Member of Parliament)
14. Ms. Shweta Singh (Anchor Aaj Tak)
15. Mr. Ashok Chakradhar (Poet)
16. Mr. Ajay Makan (Sports Minister)
17. Ms. Ritul Joshi (Deputy Editor TV Today Network Ltd.) 18. Mr. Saurabh Shukla(Actor and Director)
19. Mr. Anubhav...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document