Group Study is better than Individual Study
A study on style of study concluded that the cooperative learning style for revision and practice results in better performance in public examination. The study shows that learning can be enhanced in cooperative groups. In such a situation where group study is preferred, all the group members get benefitted since they provide support to and help one another. It leads to a collective better achievement. Cooperative study method is much easier and less stressful than competitive study method. When one becomes competitive in the field of knowledge acquisition, he or she heads towards personal insecurity and if the goal is not met, one even becomes suicidal.
Here are some tips on cooperative learning style for revision and practice that results in better performance:
1. Make a group of 4-5 friends studying same curriculum/syllabus and schedule a discussion on every Sunday or whenever it suites the group.
2. Prepare a subject-wise plan of revision for each subject. This group study method is best for Science and Social Science subjects.
3. Take 2-3 common chapters for a week and prepare notes individually. You can prepare a powerpoint presentation (if time allows) or simply note down important point in a note-book.
4. Now on every Sunday or whenever a group discussion is scheduled, give a presentation for 10-15 minutes individually. Than share notes and discuss the difficult areas with the group.
5. Students can schedule their group activities at per their requirement.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document