TNPSC CSSE-I ORIGINAL PAPER
EXAM HELD IN 2010 – FULLY SOLVED
Questions : 200 DEGREE STD., Marks : 300
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE & GENERAL ENGLISH
1. Who is the Governor of Reserve Bank of India at present ? A. B.Y. Reddy B. C. Rangarajan C. Bimal Jalan D. D. Subbarao. Match List I with List II correctly and select your answer using the codes given below : List I a. Sirpi b. Gnana Koothan c. Erode Thamizh Anban d. Puviyarasu List II 1. Thoni Varungiradhu 2. Iduthan 3. Anru Veru Kizhamai 4. Surya Nizhal. Codes : a b c d A. 2 3 1 4 B. 4 3 1 2 C. 1 2 4 3 D. 3 1 2 4. Which of the following is considered as a non-economic activity ? A. Teaching in a class B. Patient attended by a doctor C. Mother taking care of her child D. Travelling in a bus. Positron was discovered by A. Rutherford C. Madam Curie B. Dirac D. Chadwick. Floppy disk is a/an A. storage device B. input device C. output device D. input-output device. 0.169
If the actual value of an item is 415 and its estimated value is 400, the absolute error is A. –15 C. 0.0375 B. 15 D. –0.0361. Which one of the following schedules of the Constitution of India lists the names of states and specifies their territories ? A. First C. Third B. Second D. Fourth. Where were the ancient paintings discovered first in Tamil Nadu? A. Keelvalai B. Chittanavasal C. Mallapadi D. Panaimalai.
13. Hydrogen bomb is based on the principle of A. nuclear explosion B. nuclear fusion C. nuclear fission D. slow reaction. 14. A source program is the program written in ..................... language. A. English C. High level B. Symbolic D. Machine. 15. The ratio of two numbers is 3 : 8 and their difference is 115. The larger number is A. 66 C. 184 B. 46 D. 96. 16. Conversion of information to data will be in the form of A. integers B. rounded to 2 decinmals C. fractions D. any of these. 17. The Supreme Court decides the disputes regarding the election of A. President alone B. Vice-President alone C. both President and Vice-President D. Prime Minister. 18. Match List I with List II correctly and select your answer using the codes given below : List I a. Ka. Na. Subramanyam b. Ashoke Mithran c. Sa. Kandasamy d. Si. Su. Chellappa List II 1. Thanneer 2. Sayavanam 3. Vadi Vasal 4. Poiththevu. Codes : a b c d A. 2 3 1 4 B. 1 2 4 3 C. 4 1 2 3 D. 3 4 1 2.
ob cj ps tn
10. The author of 'Iniyavai Narpadhu' is A. Villambi Nanganar B. Boodham Sendhanar C. Kani Medhaviar D. Nalladhanar. 11. Match List I List II correctly and select your answer using the codes given below : List I a. Neethi Devan Mayakkam b. Parasakthi c. Narkkalikarargal d. Pasi List II 1. Na. Muttusamy 2. Indra Parthasarathy 3. Arignar Anna 4. Kalaingar Mu. Karunanithi. Codes : a b c d A. 3 4 1 2 B. 1 3 4 2 C. 2 1 3 4 D. 4 2 1 3. 12 12
om .c s
6. A. B.
12. The expansion of HDI is A. Hindi Development Institute B. Human Development Index C. Human Development Investment D. none of these.
2 19. "Onre Kulam ; Oruvane Devan" was said by A. Vallalar B. Anna C. Thirumoolar D. Thayumanavar. 20. What are the three eternals accepted in Saiva siddhanta? A. Karma, Padi, Jnana B. Pati, Pasu, Pa sa C. Pa sa, Jnana, Jeeva D. Jeeva, Jnana, Pati. 21. During the Second Five-Year Plan period, the planners worked out the output ratio at A. 1 : 5 : 1 C. 2 : 3 : 1 B. 5 : 4 : 1 D. 4 : 3 : 7. 22. The unit of capacitance is A. coulomb C. ohm B. farad D. gram. 23. A collection of related data, that is, having a similar purpose is called as A. database C. structure B. record D. all of these. 24. The arithmetic mean of the numbers 1,2,.., n is n n 1 2n 1 6
Codes : a A. 4 B. 1 C. 3 D. 3
b 3 2 4 4
c 1 3 2 1
d 2 4 1 2.
27. The first 'Nigandu' in Tamil is A. Soodamani Nigandu B. Thivagara Nigandu C. Pingala Nigandu D. Agarathi Nigandu. 28. Upanishad refers to I. Sitting nearby devotedly II. End of the Vedas III. The Jnana section...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document