The term is used to describe a product that meets one of these criteria.
1. It has qualities that will protect the environment.
2. It has replaced artificial ingredients with natural ingredients. Green products are those that have less of an impact on the environment or are less detrimental to human health that traditional equivalents. Green products might, typically, be formed or part-formed from recycled components, be manufactured in a more energy conservative way, or be supplied to the market with less packaging (or all three).
For example, a cleaning product may be considered green for two distinct reasons.
It may be manufactured without phosphates in order to reduce a source of pollution in the water supply, which makes it better for the environment than a cleaner that contains phosphates. Or it may contain ingredients derived from natural sources to lower the risk of health problems that can be caused by exposing the skin to artificial dyes or fragrances.
Why Green Product
There are many benefits to using eco-friendly products! By using “green” products, you can help decrease pollution, the destruction of forests and other ecosystems, and the amount of waste sent to landfills. In addition to this, eco-friendly products are better for your health, as they don’t contain any harmful chemicals that can irritate skin or eyes. This is especially important with babies and children in the house. An infant’s skin is five times more permeable than an adult’s skin and therefore, much more sensitive to harsh chemicals.
Another benefit of using green products is the peace of mind that you’re helping keep the planet a clean and safe place to live not only for your generation, but for generations to come! You’re helping shape the world your children will live in, and using green products will help make sure the planet’s s wonderful for them when they’re adults as it is for them now. Some of the main Benefits are jotted down here.
* Fewer Dangers => According to ABM Industries Inc., green products create healthier surroundings. Green products don't contain the harsh chemicals that regular cleaning products do, so users will have less chance of developing allergies, skin rashes or burns, respiratory problems and gastrointestinal ailments. Green products are less likely to be poisonous or cause lasting damage, so they're safer to keep around children and pets. A study by the Consumer Product Safety Commission shows that more than 150 of the ingredients found in household products can cause a number of health problems, from allergies to cancer to psychological abnormalities
* Less Environmental Impact => According to EnviroMaid, more than 32 million pounds of cleaning products are discarded down the drain every day. The toxic chemicals present in household cleaning products can end up in lakes or streams and poison fish and wildlife. They also can accumulate in algae and other marine life, which can be deadly. As plant life dies, the amount of oxygen in the water decreases, affecting other species. Recycled paper products, whether they're in the form of writing paper or paper towels, usually perform the same way as virgin paper. However, using recycled paper saves trees, requires less energy and generates less pollution than making new paper.
* Financial Rewards => Recycled and green products usually cost the same as products made of virgin fiber or with chemicals, so the savings won't be noticeable there. However, the savings will come from other areas. For example, green electronic products use less electricity or water, so they will save you money on utility bills. ABM Industries Inc. also points out that green products are less likely to make you sick, so you will save money on medical.
Green Design and the New Product Life Cycle
In focusing on green design and manufacturing, it is important to understand the latest trends in the new product...