* All cases should be written in paragraph form and double-spaced.
* Headings and subheadings may be used to help organize your document.
* A title page should include the following information:
Suggested activities which may help improve your success:
* Write down ideas quickly in rough; and then order, prioritize, combine, toss and generally organize them into paragraphs. * Complete a final, organized paper that is typed.
* Proofread the document before it is due at the start of class on June 3. * Use all of the time given to ensure you have done a thorough job and that you have your solutions in a clear and logical manner. * You may submit your paper using the digital drop box or by handing it in at the start of class on June 3.
Case 1: Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
Go to the Green Mountain Coffee website at: www.greenmountaincoffee.com/
* Near the bottom of the page – click on “BREWING A BETTER WORLD” * In the side bar to the left, there are 5 items as that contain material for you to read for the case: * FISCAL 2012 REPORT
* RESILIENT SUPPLY CHAIN
* SUSTAINABLE PRODUCTS
* THRIVING PEOPLE AND COMMUNITIES
* click on each of the above 5 items and read the summaries that appear.
* YOU DO NOT NEED TO READ THE MATERIAL IN THE SUBTITLES UNDER EACH MAIN HEADING * for example, you do not need to read “ABOUT OUR COMPANY” under the “OVERVIEW” heading
Answer the following questions:
1.Assume that in China the only way to get Green Mountain Coffee is via their website. Based on this assumption, how well does Green Mountain provide the consumer with form, time, place and ownership utility? (40 marks)
2.Give a few examples for each of the following types of competition faced by Green Mountain: direct competition, and competition among substitute...