1. Six forms of electronic communication:
a. E-mail- The transmission of messages through computers and networks. b. Instant messaging- involves the exchange of text messages in real time between two or more people logged into an IM service c. Text messaging- Sending really short messages from mobile phones d. Podcasts- a digital media file that is distributed over the internet and downloaded on portable media players and personal computers. e. Blogs- a Web site with journal entries usually written by one person with comments added by others. f. Wikis- a Web site that enables multiple users to collaboratively create and edit pages. 2. No, e-mail messages and interoffice memorandums are not interchangeable as communication channels because for example if you need to send some confidential news or information to someone, and e mail would not be appropriate, but a memo would. 3. It is better for a businessperson to send a letter than to use another communication channel when you need an effective way to get your message across. They are important for meesages that require a permanent record, confidentiality, formality, sensitivity, and a well-considered presentation. 4. You write direct letters that request information or action. 5. Four questions to ask before writing an e-mail or memo. g. Do I really need to write this e-mail or memo?
h. Why am I writing?
i. How will the reader react?
j. How can I save my reader’s time?
6. To: Cole Prewarski
From: Jasmine Hill
Subject: Please answer questions regarding redesign of Web site CC: James Stuckey
Your answers to the questions below will help us decide on whether or not to redesign our Web site.
* Have you done any usability testes on the current site? * How much will total Web redesigns or a partial design might cost? * Do you recommend adding animation, sound, or video to the site? * How long would redesigning our Web-site take?
* Do you have any other suggestions on making the site more appealing? So we can appropriately discuss our ideas, we would like to invite you to a meeting January 28, 2012 at 8:00 am. Please have the answers to the questions above. Thanks,
B. To: Team firstname.lastname@example.org
From: Jasmine Hill
Subject: Setting up Instant Messanger
CC: James Stuckey
The following procedures will guide you on what you need and how install and use AOL instant messaging.
Here’s what you’ll need to download AIM:
• Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, XP, or 2000;
• 128 MB RAM
• Internet Explorer 6 or higher
• Macromedia Flash
Here’s how to install AIM:
1. Go to http://www.aim.com.
2. Click DOWNLOAD AIM.
3. Click Run
4. Click Run
5. Select your Installation Options preferences.
6. Click Install
7. Wait for Installation Complete window.
8. Click Chat now
Please install AIM by January 28, 2012. All team members will need to exchange messages quickly for our new assignment. Thanks,
560 Fortner St,
Dothan, AL 36301
January 28, 2012
Mr. Kevin Chitwood
2445 Bermiss Road
Valdosta, GA 31602
Dear Mr. Chitwood:
Please credit my Master Card account to correct an erroneous charge of $239.58.
On January 11, 2011 I placed a telephone order for a number of samples. All items were supposed to be free. Premier promised to bill me only if I kept the samples. I returned the samples on January 21. I spoke with Diane who assured a credit would be made on my next statement. My credit statements are still showing the charge. Enclosed is a postal receipt showing the return.
Please authorize a credit immediately and send a copy of the...