in the Rocky Mountain Region
University of Montana
• A 100-300 word statement of your background and goals is required.
Northern Arizona University
• A statement of interest (500-700 words of your personal and professional qualifications, interests, and career goals)
University of Wyoming
• Include a one to two page statement describing your plans for graduate study and professional career in psychology.
New Mexico Highlands University
• A letter describing your career goals in psychology, as well as any other information you think would be helpful to determine your ability to succeed in our program.
Arizona State University
• The statement of purpose should be 500-600 words (clinical: 900 words) in length and should contain a description of relevant work/research/volunteer activities, outline future professional goals, and state your expectations of the graduate school experience.
University of Nevada Las Vegas
• A Letter of Intent describing your clinical and research interests, educational and professional goals, faculty whom you might be interested in working with, factors that you would want the admissions committee to consider in evaluating your application that are not evident from other materials, and some background information describing how you became interested in these areas.
Montana State University
• On this or a separate page(s), please provide a clear, concise 1-2 page essay summarizing your background in psychology (or related field), career objectives, research experience, research interests, and why you are applying to Montana State University’s M.S. program in Applied Psychology. Please be sure to read and sign the signature page at the end of this document. Colorado State University
• A statement of your research interests which highlight areas of research that you would like to pursue during your graduate training, specific faculty members with whom you would like to work, and your previous or current research experience • A sample of your scientific writing ability such as a senior honors thesis, term paper from a psychology course, laboratory report from an experimental course, or some similar material
University of Northern Colorado
• Please answer the following questions in a 2-3 page essay. Your responses will provide the MA Selection Committee with a more clear impression of your professional goals and interests.
. If accepted, what are your professional goals upon completion of this program? Explain how these goals developed.
• To conduct your thesis research you will need to request supervision from a faculty member with relevant expertise. It may be necessary for you to modify, or deviate from, you first choice interest area in order to conduct a project that fits within a faculty member’s ongoing research program. With this in mind, please review the area of specialization and titles of recent publications or presentations of individual psychology faculty, which can be linked to at http://www.unco.edu/psychology/index.html before answering the following questions.
. What special interest area in psychology would you want to investigate in depth during your M.A. program? What experiences have you had that have given rise to these special interests? How are your specialized interests related to your professional goals described above? Which faculty members(s) have research interests closest to your own? . Describe any relevant professional accomplishments/awards (e.g., publications, professional presentations, research projects, volunteer experiences, etc.).
University of Denver
• Please prepare approximately 2-3 pages of typewritten, double-spaced autobiographical material which will be considered confidential. If available include a copy of your vita and E-mail address. (Please be aware that the review committees may contain graduate student...