1. Genealogy of Jesus
1. Jacob was the father of Joseph
2. There were 14 generations in all from Abraham to David, 14 generations from David to the exile to Babylon and 14 generations from exile to Christ. The birth of Jesus Christ
1. Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph. She was with child through the Holy Spirit. Joseph was going to secretly divorce Mary when he found out she was with child. An angel spoke to Joseph telling him she was bearing the Son of man who would be named “Immanuel” (God is with us). 2. Magi comes to worship Baby Jesus, he sees the Eastern star. King Herod heard and was upset and asked where Jesus would be born. Jesus was born in “Bethlehem in Judea” 3. An Angel appears in Joseph’s dream that harm was coming to Jesus. Joseph takes Mary and Jesus and they escape to Egypt. Herod gets furious and has all boys from Bethlehem less than 2yrs of age killed. Finally Herod dies, and his son takes over. Joseph in fear that Harod’s son would be the same as his father, he does not go back, instead he goes to the district of Galilee in a town called “Nazareth”. John the Baptist prepares the way
1. John the Baptist tells the people to repent, the kingdom is close, and he baptizes people in the “Jordan River”. Jesus comes along and asked John to baptize him as well. The temptation of Jesus
1. Jesus walks alone in the dessert for 40 days and 40 nights, while very weakened and hungry, and thirsty. Satan appears and tempts him to make bread from stones. Jesus replies “man cannot live on bread alone”. Then Satan takes him up to the highest temple and tells Jesus to jump off and his God will save him. Jesus replies “God cannot be tested” and he then rebukes Satan and he vanishes. 2. Jesus hears that John the Baptist has been put in prison. 3. Jesus begins to call on his disciples first was James and his brother John. 4. Jesus preaches in synagogues, begins healing multitude of people...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document