Governance is defined as the manner in which power is exercised in the management of a country’s economic and social resources for development. Good governance means competent management of a country’s resources and affairs in a manner that is open, transparent, accountable, equitable and responsive to people’s needs. The essentials of good governance are:
• It ensures the participation of both men and women in every sector of life.
• It helps in the promotion of national cohesion. Under healthy environment of good governance people always work with hand in hand for the betterment of the country.
• It creates the feelings of nationalism and integrates the units of the country.
• It ensures the supremacy of institutions. Every institution works within its borders of limitation.
• Judiciary enjoys full freedom under good... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 11). good governance need of hour. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 11, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Good-Governance-Need-Of-Hour-43263346.html
"good governance need of hour" StudyMode.com. 11 2013. 2013. 11 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Good-Governance-Need-Of-Hour-43263346.html>.
- MLA 7
"good governance need of hour." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 11 2013. Web. 11 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Good-Governance-Need-Of-Hour-43263346.html>.
"good governance need of hour." StudyMode.com. 11, 2013. Accessed 11, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Good-Governance-Need-Of-Hour-43263346.html.