CUTOMER PERCEPTION BEFORE BUYING A CAR
In general questions asked:
1. What is the consumer buying process according to you?
2. What are the important things for a customer before buying a car? 3. What are the key features on which customer take their decision? 4. Do customers come as individuals or as a group (Family/Friend)? 5. Does selection of a particular type of car depend on age group/income ? 6. What all things does a customer expect?
7. How does time period of the year or a particular month affect the buying behaviour? 8. Does fuel price hike affect the buying decision of customer? 9. What is the role of customization?
10. What are the financial options and their effects?
1. The important things before buying a car for a buyer is * Price
* After Sales Service
2. 80% of the times customer comes with his family
15% of the times with his friends
5% of the times on their own
3. The preferences of age group(18-30) are in the following order i. Power
v. After sales service
4. The preferences of age group(above 30) are in following order i. Price
iii. After Sale Service
5. People prefer diesel cars over petrol just because of the price difference even when it is not viable to them that is why companies now give suggestions to customer to make the right choice. 6. Social status also plays an important role.
7. 90% prefer taking cars on loans.
8. Out of 100 cars purchased 2-3 purchases are by woman showing an increase in demand of cars for woman. 9. When a family comes collectively kids have a major influence on the car colour and accessories. 10. Safety is becoming an important aspect for the customers these days. 11. 80% of the urban customer does his homework about the car and features before entering the showroom. 12. 1 out of the 10 customers is a student.
13. Demand of cars is more during the festival season’s customer also await festive offers during this period. 14. Financial year ending also affects the buying behaviour 15. Customer expects majority of the features to be inside the car and they negotiate a lot on accessories. 16. Slowly the trend of customization is increasing in this segment. 17. Fuel price hike plays an import role to economic customers but does not affect the high end customers.
BUYING PROCESS IN GENERAL IS :-
The Indian automotive industry has emerged as a 'sunrise sector' in the Indian economy. India is emerging as one of the world's fastest growing passenger car markets and second largest two wheeler manufacturer. It is also home for the largest motor cycle manufacturer and fifth largest commercial vehicle manufacturer. India is the largest base to export compact cars to Europe. Moreover, hybrid and electronic vehicles are new developments on the automobile canvas and India is one of the key markets for them. Global and Indian manufacturers are focussing their efforts to develop innovative products, technologies and supply chains. The automotive industry in India is one of the larger markets in the world and had previously been one of the fastest growing globally, but is now seeing flat or negative growth rates. India's passenger car and commercial vehicle manufacturing industry is the sixth largest in the world, with an annual production of more than 3.9 million units in 2011. According to recent reports, India overtook Brazil and became the sixth largest passenger vehicle producer in the world (beating such old and new auto makers as Belgium, United Kingdom, Italy, Canada, Mexico, Russia, Spain, France, Brazil), grew 16 to 18 per cent to sell around three million units in the course of 2011-12.] In 2009, India emerged as Asia's fourth largest exporter of passenger, behind Japan,...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document