1. Enhancement of Quality for Genesis Healthcare
2. Genesis Potomac Center
3. Genesis Healthcare is a leading provider of short term healthcare services which includes: rehabilitation, dialysis, skill nursing and sometimes long term care. The company operates over two hundred centers within thirteen eastern states in the United States. Genesis also supplies rehabilitation therapy to over one thousand one hundred health care providers within twenty eight states and the District of Columbia. Quality management in Genesis is very well encouraged because they are involved in an industry that caters to the needs and lives of people. According to their values quality and care should be given to touch and improve the lives of others.
4. I currently work for Genesis, at the Washington DC location. This location has a bad reputation due to an incident that occurs years ago because the quality in service was breached. However, at the time the situation happen the facility was under a different management that had no affiliations with Genesis but people still have that bad notion of the company. I feel as though the only way we can change the perception of these people is by enhancing the quality in the services we provide.
5. After I joined Genesis about a year ago along with our new management team, we have changed everything and made lots of progress. Our greatest opportunity was getting our surroundings involve so that they could then witness the improvement that were being made. Renovation of the building was first done since it was an opportunity to attract the general public. Weekly surveys were also put in place so that residence could give feedback on a daily bases to show the company and its new management improvements.
6. In order for Genesis to continue its growth, I believe the best quality management tool to follow would be the six stigma. Genesis already completed the first step of the stigma...