Quiz 7 Study Guide
This study guide helps you prepare for Quiz 7. You may see one or more questions related to the following study questions. The study guide is optional and a non-graded activity. Please do not submit your answers to the study guide questions to your instructor.
True or False
1. The world offers unequal access to power, prestige, and property based on one's sex.
2. Being born male or female carries images and expectations of how one should act.
3. Gender is sociologically significant because it is the way in which society controls its members.
4. The terms “sex” and “gender” are sociologically and biologically interchangeable.
5. Feminists view sexual harassment as a fundamental difference in how men and women think.
6. Feminists view sexual harassment as the social process that guides society.
7. Feminists view sexual harassment as based on the structural problems embedded in society.
8. Feminists believe sexual harassment is caused by the biological differences between men and women.
9. An example of sexual harassment is a male boss using his position of authority to pressure women who work for him to perform sexual favors.
10. An example of sexual harassment is a woman making obscene comments to a male homosexual with whom she works.
11. An example of sexual harassment is a homosexual male making unwanted advances toward a female college student.
12. An example of sexual harassment is a high school boy acting obnoxious around a girl to whom he is attracted.
Fill-In the Blank
1. The term for the unequal access to power, prestige, and property based on a person's sex is ________.
2. In Pakistan, Jordan, and Kurdistan, a woman who has brought disgrace to her family is killed by a male relative, usually her brother or husband. This practice is called ________.
3. The fact that nearly 80 percent of engineering...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document