Chem 110- Fall 2012
Review Questions –Chapters 15
1. What mass of NaOH is required to prepare 100.0 mL of NaOH(aq) that has a pH = 13.62?
2. What is the [OH-] in 0.025 M HCl ?
3. What is the pH of 0.50 M Sr(OH)2 ?
4. The pH of an aqueous solution is 10.32. The [OH-] is ……………………
5. The [H+] in 0.050 M Mg(OH)2 at 25oC is ……………………….
6. The pH of 0.20 M HNO3 is …………………….
7. A solution is prepared by adding 200. mL of 0.125 M of HCl to a 500.0mL volumetric
flask and filling it to the mark with water. The pH of this solution is ……….
8. Consider the equilibrium for an indicator:
Hind(aq) + H2O(l) ⇌ H3O+ +
What is the effect of adding NaOH to a light blue sample of this indicator?
9. A basic buffer solution can be prepared by mixing equal numbers of moles of
NH4Cl and HCl
NaCl and NaOH
NH4Cl and NH4OH
NaCH3COO and CH3COOH
Which of the following would be used to prepare an acidic buffer solution?
HF and H3O+
NaHS and H2S
NH3 and NH4Cl
HCl and NaCl
11. A solution of AgNO3 is slowly added to a mixture containing 0.10 M I-, Cl-, Br-, and IO3-. The precipitate, which forms first, is( Hint : Compare the Ksp values) A. AgI
12. The [OH- ] is measured to be 3.3 x 10-3 mol/L in a 100 mL sample of saturated solution of Al(OH)3. The solubility of Al(OH)3 is A.
1.1 x 10-4 mol/L
3.3 x 10-4 mol/L
1.1 x 10-3 mol/L
3.3 x 10-3 mol/L
13. A solution of .15 M cyanic acid (HOCN) a weak acid has pH 2.14 at 250C.What is the acid ionization constant Ka for this acid at 250C.What is the degree of ionization of this acid in this solution? 14. Benzoic acid , HC7H5O2 is a weak acid having Ka= 6.3 X 10-5 at 250C.Determine the equilibrium...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document