QUESTION BANK – I YEAR IT
PART – A
UNIT – I
1. Define Data and Information.
2. Who is the Father of Computer and why is he called so?
3. Name some of the popular Microprocessor manufacturers.
4. Expand COBOL, BASIC, FORTRAN and IBM.
5. Specify the electronic components used for different computer generations. 6. Compare the computer with calculator.
7. What are the languages used in computer generations.
8. How are the mainframe systems useful?
9. What is a base and what are the positional number systems used? 10. Define Bit, Nibble, Byte and Kilobyte.
11. Expand IC, SSI, MSI, LSI and VLSI.
12. What is an IC and how does it help in computers?
13. What are the applications of computers?
14. Specify the reasons to use computers.
15. Define Clients and Servers.
16. Convert the hexadecimal value (2AC) to their binary equivalent. 17. Convert the octal value (127.54) to their decimal equivalent. 18. Convert the hexadecimal value (2B.C4) to their decimal equivalent. 19. Convert (77) 10 to (?) 4.
20. Convert (1715) 10 to (?) 12.
UNIT – II
21. What is meant by Installation and Assembling?
22. Define Operating System.
23. Differentiate Hardware and Software.
24. What are the types of operating system available?
25. Define multiprocessing.
26. What are the functions of control program?
27. Define Compiler, Assembler and Interpreter.
28. What is SDLC and what are the phases.?
29. What is meant by Testing?
30. What are the different types of Testing?
31. What is Design and classify the design phase?
32. Define Developing or Coding.
33. What is implementation and maintenance?
34. What is Internet?
35. What is ARPANET?
36. Define Website and IP.
37. Name some of the Internet Services.
38. What are the different types of Software?
39. What is Software Requirement Specification document?
40. Define Timesharing.
UNIT – III
41. Define Algorithm and what are the different types?
42. What are the characteristics of Algorithm?
43. What is a decision table?
44. Define Flowchart and what is the need for flowchart symbols? 45. What are the rules for drawing a flowchart?
46. What is pseudo code?
47. Define structured programming.
48. Define Sequence logic, Selection logic, Iteration logic. 49. List down the rules for writing pseudo code.
50. What are the ways in which document can be viewed in word processors? 51. What are the test cases available in MS-Word?
52. What is Tab and mention the Tab settings available in Word? 53. Define Headers and Footers.
54. What is a Table?
55. What is meant by Text Wrapping?
56. What is Macro?
57. What is the purpose of Thesaurus tool in word?
58. Define Column, Row, Cell and Cell Pointer.
59. What is meant by Precedence of operators?
60. What is function and mention the types of functions available in Excel? 61. What is a label?
62. What are the types of charts available in Excel?
63. What is the purpose of Autosum?
64. What is the purpose of Comment?
65. Define Filters.
66. What is meant by Validation?
67. What is the use of Pivot Table?
68. Mention the uses of Goal Seek.
69. What is Mailmerge?
70. Define Templates.
UNIT – IV & UNIT – V
71. What are the different data types available in C?
72. What are Keywords?
73. What is an Operator and Operand?
74. What is Ternary operator?
75. What are the Bitwise operators available in C?
76. What is the difference between ‘=’ and ‘==’ operator? 77. What is Type casting?
78. What is the difference between if and while statement?
79. What is the difference between while loop and do….while loop? 80. What is the difference between ++a and a++?
81. What is a Global variable?
82. Define String.
83. What is an Array?
84. What is the difference between scanf ( ) and gets ( ) function? 85. Why we don’t use the ‘&’ symbol while reading a string through scanf ( )? 86. What is a function?
87. What is a modulo operator?
88. How many bytes are occupied by int, char,...