Front Office Manager
Job Discription :
To ensure that all Departments under his supervision are successful and as independent profit center as possible, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction consistent with our hotel standards, through planning, organizing, directing and controlling all aspects related to the revenues and operating expenses.
Report To : Directorof Rooms
Responsible For :
Assistant Front Office Manager, Concierge, Reservation Supervisor, Reception Supervisor, Assistant Manager, Telephone Supervisor, Business Center Supervisor, Kiosk Supervisor.
Main Duties :
Financial Responsibilities :
1. Is able to effectively interpret financial result in regards to revenues, payroll,costs and expenses. 2. To assist in the preparation of the Annual Operation Budget which will form part of the Business Plan.
3. To establish and monitor cost and expense control systems and procedures toachieve budgeted operating results.
4. Is able to take corrective measures and actions to ensure highest possible profitability. 5. Maximizes revenues through pro-active action rather than re-active.
Operational Responsibilities :
1. Personally and frequently verifies that guests in his operation are receiving the best possible service available.
2. Schedules himself to be on the front during peak operation hours, checking on standards of services, and cleanliness, is greeting and assist in the check in of guests and escorts VIP guest to the room.
3. To be demanding and critical to service standards as well as hygiene standards. 4. To constantly strive to please all guest that he may come into contact with. 5. Is responsible that employees project professionalism and are well trained and provide friendly and efficient service.
6. Ensure a speedy telephone and message service at all times. 7. Maintains an atmosphere of tranquillity at the Front Desk, never giving the impression that there is a problem.
1. Verifies constantly that the physical product in all aspects is consistent with the hotel standards. 2. Periodically inspects rooms to ensure cleanliness and well maintained rooms. Patrols assigned areas frequently to ensure cleanliness and well maintained areas. 3. Ensures that policies and procedures in regards to staff appearance, hygiene and sanitation are enforced.
1. Ensure that corporate, divisional and departmental policies and procedures are adhered to at all levels.
2.Liaise closely with other Departments and emphasizes on excellent inter-departmental relations considering other departmental procedures and policies.
3. Delegate authority and responsibilities to direct subordinates without relinquish ultimate responsibility for the operation.
1. To assist in the preparation of the annual, Business Plan for the entire Department. 2. Fully understands the market needs of house guest and local market, assisting in the development of product lines and services accordingly.
3. Is constantly aware of new market trends and activities of competitors, ensures that his operation is always one step ahead of the competition. 4. Entertains regular and potential clients and maintains excellent guest relations.
Personnel And Training Responsibilities :
1. Is an excellent people manager, showing respect for local customs and culture. 2. To build an effective management team through taking an active interest in the development of subordinates through training and involvement in decision making. 3. Gives his subordinates frequent feedback on their performance and status of development. Conducts annual appraisals conducted in his Department.
4. Exercise self-control, patience and is known for his fairness at all times. 5. Maintains an “Open Door” policy.
6. Projecta positive and motivated attitude among his peers and employees at all times. 7. Ensures...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document