French Vocabulary book
Version- Draft 1
Edexcel GCSE 2009 French Vocabulary Book
Edexcel are pleased to provide this free vocabulary book freely to support learners following the Edexcel GCSE 2009 Specification in French.
Please note: the most up to date version of this document is available on the Edexcel website and a definitive list of core vocabulary is available in the Edexcel Specification.
This bilingual glossary has been produced to support you in your language learning and to help you prepare for the Edexcel GCSE. It features a revised minimum core vocabulary foundation level vocabulary (this has been expanded from the original one in the specification) as well as higher level vocabulary. English meanings, genders and irregular word endings are given and the vocabulary is listed both alphabetically and under the following Edexcel headings:
High Frequency Language
Days of the Week
Months of the Year
Acronyms and Abbreviations
Listening and Reading Topics
Out and About
- Visitor Information, Basic Weather, Local Amenities, Accommodation, Public Transport, Directions Customer Services and Transactions
- Cafes and Restaurants, Shops, Dealing with Problems Personal Information
- General Interest, Leisure Activities, Family and Friends, Lifestyle (healthy eating and exercise) Future Plans, Education and Work
- Basic Language of the Internet, Simple Job Advertisements, Simple Job Applications and CV, School and College, Work and Work Experience
Speaking and Writing Topics
Media and Culture
- Music/Film/Reading, Fashion/Celebrities/Religion, Blogs/Internet Sports and Leisure
- Hobbies/interests, Sporting Events, Lifestyle Choices Travel and Tourism
- Holidays, Accommodation, Eating (food and drink)
Business, Work and Employment
- Work Experience/Part-time Jobs, Product or service Information
Although words are listed under specific topic headings, they are not always exclusive to these. Many words can also relate to other topic areas, but may only be listed in one.
At the end of each section you will find some blank pages, these enable you to note down other words that you encounter during the GCSE course and which may prove useful.
Please note that this is not a complete list of all vocabulary for the Edexcel GCSE, and should be used as a reference guide that students can refer to and add to rather than a definitive list of vocabulary needed to achieve a specific grade.
This vocabulary book is currently a first draft; if centres notice any errors in the vocabulary lists contained in this document please let us know and we will ensure they are updated appropriately.
High Frequency Language
This has been taken from the appendix in the specification
|to accept |accepter | |to accompany |accompagner | |to add |ajouter | |to advise |conseiller | |to allow |permettre | |to answer |répondre...