• France declared war on Prussia on 10th of July in 1870 following “Ems Dispatch “after declaration of the status of the second French empire
➢ Otto von Bismarck manipulated the telegram by Wilhelm 1 that is sent to France and published to the public.
➢ In respect of France, the manipulated telegram sound as if the king mistreated them.
➢ 6 days later, France declared war of Prussia.
• Then from August to September, French forces had lost continuously and on September Napoleon 3rd surrenders himself and the entire “Army of Chalons” to the Prussians
• From September to February of 1871, the Prussian force had successfully oppressed the resistance of the French resistance.
• From 26th of March, The Paris Commune is formally established but during 21th to 30th of May, government troops invaded Paris Commune and crush the rebellion.
• The Treaty of Versailles ends the Franco – Prussian war
• On 10th of May, treaty of Frankfurt is signed confirming the frontiers
• On 3rd of legislative election was held.
|Affiliation |Party |Seats | |Republicans | | | | | | |Radical Republicans |38 | | | |Moderate Republicans |112 | |Right | | | | | | |Liberals |72 | | | |Orléanists |214 | | | |Bonapartists |20 | | | |Legitimists |182 | |Total |675 |
Revanchist and Alsace-Lorraine
• Revanchist is a term used since the 1870s to describe a political manifestation of the will to reverse territorial losses...