More Equilibrium Problems
1. A uniform 25 kg bar, 6.0 m long, is suspended by a cord as shown. What is the tension in the cord?
2. A boom hinged at P is held stationary, as shown in the diagram below. If the tension in the supporting cord, attached three-quarters of the way along the boom from P, is 720 N, what is the weight of the boom?
3. A uniform beam 6.0 m long, and with a mass of 75 kg, is hinged at A. The supporting cable keeps the beam horizontal. If the maximum tension the cable can withstand is 2.4 ×103 N, what is the maximum mass of the load?
4. A 75 kg painter stands on a uniform 5.0 m board of mass 16 kg supported horizontally by two ladders. Find the forces exerted by each ladder on the board.
FR = 593N, FL = 299N
5. The diagram shows a horizontal beam of negligible mass. The wall exerts a 42.0 N horizontal force on the lever. Find the weight of the load.
6. A uniform 3.0 kg shelf of width 0.50 m is supported by a bracket, as shown in the diagram below. What force does the bracket exert on the shelf?
7. The diagram shows the forces acting on a massless ladder resting on the floor and a frictionless slope. As a person walks up the stationary ladder, what happens to the magnitude of the forces FN1 and FN2?
8. A uniform 350 kg beam of length 4.2 m is held stationary by a horizontal cable. The cable is attached to a point on the beam 3.0 m from the hinge.
a) Draw and label a free body diagram showing the forces on the beam. [pic]
b) If the maximum tension the cable can withstand is 1.3 ×104N, what maximum mass, m, can be suspended from the end of the beam?
9. A uniform 4.8 m long ladder of mass 16 kg leans against a frictionless vertical wall...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document