Transaction Processing Systems
Flight Reservation System- TPS:
Data flow and process description in a flight reservation system
* We have explained only the 1st level of information details for the Flight reservation system TPS. Each Process described under Processing can be further expanded to include the input data, process, output to a greater detail. * We have extended the transaction flow to the following points from User’s perspective. * Login
* Enquiry & Reservation
* Administrative functions are not covered as part of this assignment. * As part of Standard Error Processing the system would intimate the user with a appropriate error information when faced with a error
Inputs – User ID and Password
Processing - Authenticate User ID and Password
* Verify the user information against the database; Make sure the login information is credible and trustworthy. Outputs - Access Granted/Denied
Users - Users of this process is the User himself/herself
Future use of this Data: Website could gather these user details for conducting business analytics model
Enquiry & Reservation:
Inputs – Accept Source, Destination, Departure date, Return Date, Adult/Child/Infant, Class of Travel, Exact Match/Range Match on Date Processing - The TPS would do all the necessary checks as mentioned as below
* Verify the input Source and Destination places details against database to check for valid input. * Verify the departure date and return date against calendar and each other * Verify the class of travel, adult information or supply with default data Flight Availability:
* Verify the availability of flight for input Source and destination place details against database in the date/date range specified. Throw appropriate output messages if no match found * If match is found in the above step gather the Time, Airport information, fare, tax, surcharge & discount information from the database from each type of flight. Total fare gets calculated here.
* Display the flight availability data for each flight to user on the screen. * Enable the user to customize the display and modify his search Flight Reservation:
Additional input Information of Insurance, payment options are sought here * Enable the user to select the flight details.
* Decide on additional things like insurance, web check in, selecting of preference seat and display appropriate information to user. * Information relating to the traveler are sought and made sure that the mandatory information fields are filled * Payment method process is initialized displaying all the payment options * Proceed with the user selection and ask for the relevant details like Name, Ph no, Credit Card No, Expiry Date, CVV no, Payment gateway preference. * If all the above information successfully pass through the user is granted the ticket and the booking is confirmed. Permanent database update is done for all flight information, accounting information, user is confirmed. Outputs – Ticket Issued/No Issue
Users -these processes involve flight management software & User Future use of this Data: Customer details can be used as part of business analytics, marketing research, advertisement program. Edit:
Inputs – Booked Flight Information
Processing - The TPS would do all the necessary checks as mentioned as below
* Verify the flight information to check for valid edit request. * Verify the departure date and return date against calendar and each other to sort out discrepancies. * Verify the availability of flight for input Source and destination place details against database in the date/date range specified. Throw...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document