A community of responsible Christians integrating faith and life in building a society where true peace, love, joy and justice reign
St. Mary's College of Meycauayan recognizes her role to respond to the call of the Church for renewed evangelization and the pursuit of academic excellence. Guided by the Gospel values and inspired by the virtues of Mary and Mother Ignacia del Espiritu Santo, it is committed to serve the community, the Church, and the society with preferential option for the poor. AS A CATHOLIC SCHOOL, SMCM is committed to develop persons who are "Makadiyos, Makatao, Makabayan at Makakalikasan" to overcome the prevailing threats in our society. AS A FILIPINO SCHOOL, SMCM is committed to uphold, preserve, and enrich the national heritage and enhance desirable Filipino values. AS AN RVM SCHOOL, SMCM is committed to work for the building of the Kingdom of God with Mary and Mother Ignacia del Espiritu Santo in communion with others to grow in love and service of others especially the poor.
St. Mary’s College of Meycauayan, founded in 1916, and was formerly called Escuela Catolica de Meycauayan. The school was administered by the Religious of the Virgin Mary (RVM), the first Filipino Congregation founded in 1684 by a Filipina, Mother Ignacia Del Espiritu Santo. It was a parochial school offering primary course with Catechism as its core subject.
During the Second World War, classes were conducted until July 1944 and re-opened in June 1945 with Intermediate and First Year High School classes. The succeeding levels were opened and gained government recognition each year. Hence, March 1949 marked the graduation of the first ten high school students of St. Mary’s Academy.
A month later, fire razed the school building into ashes. Classes were held in private homes while a two-story building was being constructed. This was finished in 1954. Eleven years after, the Kindergarten...