1. What are the four elements of the fire tetrahedron?
Heat oxygen fuel continuous chain reaction
2. Define conduction, convection, and radiation.
Conduction transfer of heat energy from one body to another through a solid medium
Convection transfer of heat energy by the movement of heated air or liquid
Radiation transfer of heat energy from one body to another at lower temperature through intervening space by electromagnetic waves
3. Describe the five classes of fire.
Class a is ordinary combustibles must things in your homes qualify as class a
Class b flammable liquid and gasses
Class c electrical equipment
Class d combustible metal
Class k cooking oil or fat
4. What are the stages of fire development in a compartment?
Incipent, growth , fully devolped, decay
5. What are the factors that influence fire development within a compartment?
Available fuels, oxygen supply, compartment size, shape, and other variables
6. What is heavy timber construction?
Type 4 used in old buildings burn slowly
7. What type of construction is the building that you attend this class?
8. What is an incidental use are?
Not really sure think it’s a room with a high chance for fire
9. What does the book use as the definition of a high rise building?
Multiple use building
10. What is the definition of type III construction?
Building made out of limited combustible material usually a place of gathering
11. What are some disadvantages of wood as a building construction material?
12. In what ways can fire-retardant treatment be applied to wood?
Ammonium phosphate, ammonium sulfate, ammonium polyphosphate, boric acid, zinic chloride, sodium dichromate
13. How can masonry walls be reinforced?
14. What is type I construction?
Noncombustible and limited combustibles
15. What type of construction... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 09). Fire Suppression. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 09, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Fire-Suppression-786837.html
"Fire Suppression" StudyMode.com. 09 2011. 09 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Fire-Suppression-786837.html>.
"Fire Suppression." StudyMode.com. 09, 2011. Accessed 09, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Fire-Suppression-786837.html.