Financial Statements Report

Only available on StudyMode
  • Download(s) : 568
  • Published : January 25, 2011
Open Document
Text Preview
Questions| Student Response|
Part IOriginal DNA Strand: 3’-TACCCTTTAGTAGCCACT-5’|
| Transcription (base sequence of RNA): 5’…AUGGGAAAUCAUCGGUGA…3’| Translation (amino acid sequence): AUG(the start code/ methoninie), GGA (Glycine), AAU (Asparagine), CAU (Histidine), CGG (Arginine), UGA (Stop code)|

What is the significance of the first and last codons? | Explanation: The significance of the first and last codons is that theay are the start code and the stop code.| What meaning do these codons have for protein synthesis? | Explanation: The meaning they have for protein synthesis is that the start code tells where to start synthesis and the stop code tells where to stop synthesis.| Mutation TranscriptionsOriginal sequence: 3’- TACCCTTTAGTAGCCACT-5’| Transcribe the Mutations of RNA: 3’-TACGCTTTAGTAGCCATT-5'| 3’-TAACCTTTACTAGGCACT-5’.|

| Transcriptions of Mutations: AUGCGAAAUCAUCGGUAA|
| Translations of Mutations (amino acid sequences for each): AUG (start code/ methonine), CGA (Arginine), AAU (Asparagine), CAU (Histidine), CGG (Arginine), UAA (Stop code)| AUU (Lisoleucine), GGA (Glycine), AAU (Asparagine), GAU (Aspartic acid), CCG (Proline), UGA (Stop code)|

Does the protein sequence change for either of these examples? If so, how? | Response: | Explain in general why a change in amino acid sequence might affect protein function. | Explanation: The Change in Amino Acid sequence might affect the protein function because for example in mutated sequence number 2 there is no start code meaning this would never get translated.| GRAPHIC ORGANIZER

Part IIPunnett Square a. Chances (25%) for healthy child, not a carrier b. Chances (50%) for child that is carrier for cystic fibrosis trait c. Chances (25%) for child with cystic fibrosis1:2:1 - genotypic 3:1- phenotypic | Fill out/adapt Punnett Square: CC| Cc| CC| cc|

a. Chances (25%) for healthy...
tracking img