THE ANNUAL REPORT PROJECT
DUE DATE FOR ANNUAL REPORT BOOKLET OR IF YOU USE THE INTERNET THE COPIES OR BOOKLET WITH THE 4 Financial Statements: MARCH 22, 2005
NOTES TO THE FINANCIAL STATEMENTS: APRIL 12, 2005
DUE DATE FOR FINAL PROJECT: MAY 3, 2005 (Beginning of class)
You must choose a U.S. Company that is publicly traded on the NYSE or the NASDAQ that has inventory and cost of sales in other words a retailer, wholesaler or manufacturer. Immediately after you choose the corporation for your project please sign up since each person in the class must select a different corporation. Requests will be honored based on first person to sign up on the class list will get first choice. Be sure to have more than one company in mind in case someone else picks the company that was your first choice before you get to sign up. When turning in the final project staple your project together and do not use expensive notebooks for your project because I retain your projects. Do not use a borrowed Annual Report because I retain them also.
Grammar and spelling will be considered. Please go to the writing center if you need help. Your term project should consist of a minimum of four double-spaced pages organized according to the following outline:
Identify your company by writing in complete sentences a summary that includes the following elements:
1. Name of the chief executive officer
2. Home office
3. Ending date of latest fiscal year which is the report that must be used in this project.
4. Description of the principal products or services that the company provides.
5. Main geographic area of activity
6. Name of the company's independent accountants (auditors). In your own words, what did the accountants say about the company's financial statements? Are the financial statements the responsibility of the independent accountants? If not, who is responsible?
7. The closing market price of the company's... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2006, 08). Financial Accounting. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 08, 2006, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Financial-Accounting-93533.html
"Financial Accounting" StudyMode.com. 08 2006. 08 2006 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Financial-Accounting-93533.html>.
"Financial Accounting." StudyMode.com. 08, 2006. Accessed 08, 2006. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Financial-Accounting-93533.html.