Final Project Overview and Timeline
Final Project Overview
• Your manager has asked you and other veteran supervisors to create a best practices manual for new supervisors. Your assignment is to contribute two best practices for each assigned section of the manual. The sections to which you will contribute best practices cover the following supervisory responsibilities:
1. Demonstrating Communication Skills
2. Determining Effective Orientation and Training Methods 3. Improving Productivity for Teams
4. Conducting Performance Appraisals
5. Resolving Conflict
6. Improving Employee Relations
• Your final project should fulfill the following requirements:
o Be 2,100-2,800 words in length
o Formatted according to APA guidelines
o Submitted as a Microsoft® Word attachment
o Contain a reference list with at least three sources from the University Online Library, only one of which can be your course textbook.
Final Project Timeline
You should budget your time wisely and work on your project throughout the course. As outlined below, the Week One and the Week Seven assignments in the course are designed to assist you in creating your final project. If you complete your course activities and use the feedback provided by the instructor, you will be on the right track to successfully complete your project.
□ Suggested in Week One: Read the Final Project Overview and Timeline in Appendix A.
□ Due in Week One: Submit the Article Search assignment.
1. Refer to the list of selected supervisory and related publications on page 19 in Supervision: Key Link to Productivity (8th ed.).
2. Search the Online library for articles on each of the six supervisory responsibilities listed above.
3. Submit a references list, formatted according to APA guidelines, of three articles you will use for the final project. (See Ch. 2 in Axia College’s Writing Style...