LIVE CASE STUDY:
1.FILM AND TELEVISION INSTITUTE,PUNE 2. WHISTLING WOODS INTERNATIONAL,GOREGAON
NET CASE STUDY:
1.SATYAJIT RAY FILM AND TELEVISION INSTITUTE,KOLKATA
1.FILM AND TELEVISION INSTITUTE,PUNE
* Film Institute of India was set up by Government in 1960 under the Ministry of Information and broadcasting. * It was fortunate that the studios of Prabhat Film Company were available for sale and Government acquired these studios for housing the Film Institute. * This was great advantage not only because the existing facilities of full.fledged film studio became available, but because the institute found itself in a fully professional setting which conditioned its thinking right from the beginning. With the advent of television and introduction of television training, the Institute was redesignated as Film and television Institute of India in 1971. LOCATION: Law College Road, PUNE
PLOT AREA: 24ACRES
BUILT UP AREA: 5 ACRES
COURSES IN FILM & TELEVISION:
6. Art Direction and Production Design
7. Animation and Computer Graphics
4. Sound Recording & Sound Design
8. Feature Film Screenplay Writing
Infrastructure and Facilities:
1. The FTII is well-equipped with the most up-to-date equipment. Students initially worked with the low-end equipment and gradually get to use the advanced equipment through demonstrations and individual practicals.2. There are two Film studio floors - Studio I & II - of dimensions 175 ft X 80 ft and 97 ft X 51 ft respectively. There are 4 Nos. of 35 mm Cameras and 4 Nos. of 16 mm cameras for film shooting and the video cameras from the low-end to the high-end digital models. 3. Similarly Film editing facilities include and array of Moviolas and Steenboks and for video editing the facilities available are from the low-end to high-end. At another level, there are the nonlinear editing systems.4. In Sound department the Institute has sufficient number of nagras, an exclusive Sound studio dubbing with rock-n-roll projection facilities and it has recently acquired the Harrison audio mixing console too.5. On the television side, there are two Television studios - Studio I & II - of dimensions 60 ft X 40 ft X 22 ft and 50 ft X 40 ft X 22 ft fitted with the state-of-the art facilities. The studios are fitted with motorized lighting systems, computer-driven martin special effect facilities, follow Spots etc. One studio is fitted with digital broadcast quality studio camera chain. There are multilingual character generators (CGs) and computer-driven tele-prompt facilities among the accessories6. The Institute has a full-fledged Graphics Department ready to offer inputs and the department has acquired O2 Silicon Graphics facility for use in its working. 7. A computer laboratory has been set up recently with internet facilities to which the students have easy access. Book, 8. Film and Video Library:The Institute has a spacious book library with a substantial collection of books related to film, television, theatre, fine arts, literature etc. The Institute also subscribes to a number of technical and general periodicals published in the country and abroad.The Institute has a film and a video library with a good collection of films and videos from all over the world.TELEVISION BUILDING CAMERA DEPT.
OLD AC PLANT
NEW THEATRE & LAUNDRY
OLD DIRECTOR’S HOUSE
TV DIRECTION DEPT.
2. STUDIO 2
ART DIRECTION DEPARTMENT...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document