The film tells the story of the life of a middle-class Filipino family who, over the space of a decade, become aware of the political policies that have ultimately led to repression and a state of Martial law in the Philippines. Filipina actress Vilma Santos stars as Amanda, who realizes the implications of living within a dictatorship after sorting out the contradictory reactions of her husband and five sons. Her husband (Julian), played by Filipino actor, Christopher de Leon, supports his eldest son's (Jules), played by Filipino actor, Piolo Pascual; efforts to rail against the government while refusing to follow Amanda's wish to find a job. Her second son (Gani), played by Filipino actor, Carlos Agassi, is in the United States Navy. Her third son (Eman), played by Filipino actor, Marvin Augustin, writes illegal political exposes. The fourth son (Jason), played by Filipino actor, Danilo Barrios fell victim to a corrupt police department, and her youngest son named (Bingo), played by Filipino actor, John W. Sace, is still a boy.  Cast
* Christopher de Leon - Julian Bartolome Sr.
* Piolo Pascual - Julian "Jules" Bartolome Jr.
* Marvin Agustin - Emmanuel "Em" Bartolome
* Carlos Agassi - Isagani "Gani" Bartolome
* Danilo Barrios - Jason Bartolome
* John Wayne Sace - Benjamin "Bingo" Bartolome
* Kris Aquino - Student Leader
* Ana Capri - Mara
* Dimples Romana - Evelyn
* Jhong Hilario - Willy
* Carlo Muñoz - Rene
* Tirso Cruz III - Evelyn's Father
* Orestes Ojeda - Dr. Rodrigo
* Asley Fontanoza - Carlos Bartolome Jr./Cocoy/Caloy
* Marianne de la Riva - Evelyn's Mother
* Manjo del Mundo - policeman
* Kakai Bautista – rallyist
On Sept. 21, 1972, 39 years ago this week, then President Ferdinand Marcos appeared on television screens all...