“Beliefs, behavior and material objects that constitute people’s way of life.” -Maciones (1997)
* It serves as bases of understanding whether attitudes or behavior are good or bad, desirable or undesirable.
Qualities of Values
Everyone has their own values. And values in every individual differ from each other. It is formed in every moment in time. Values is shown and practiced without being noticed. To know more about values you must learn its qualities. Below are the qualities of values according to Robin Williams to help you to understand how important value is.
According to Robin Williams:
“What are experienced by individuals as values have these qualities:
(1) They have a conceptual element-they are more than pure sensations, emotions, reflexes, or so-called needs. Values are abstractions drawn from the flux of the individual's immediate experience.
(2) They are affectively charged: they represent actual or potential emotional mobilization.
(3) Values are not the concrete goals of action, but rather the criteria by which goals are chosen.
(4) Values are important, not "trivial" or of slight concern.”
These qualities came from this meaning: “Values have a conceptual element that are affectively charged but are not the concrete goals of action and it is important”. By these qualities we learned that you cannot stop yourself showing your values. And according to these qualities we can also say that you can’t control the value you about to show. To top it all it is very important to an individual to have not just values but to have positive values that can help him socialize.
What is the meaning of Filipino Values?
* Refers to the set of values or the value system that a majority of the Filipino have historically held important in their lives. * Filipino values are, for the most part, centered at maintaining social harmony, motivated primarily by the desire to be...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document