CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT AND LEARNING
Name of FS Student: Shiena Mae T. Openia
Course: BEEDYear and Section: III
Resource Teacher: Mrs. Perlita Celocia
Cooperating School: Bato Primary School
At the end of this activity, you will gain competence in managing time, space and resources to provide an environment which is appropriate to the learners and conducive to learning.
To reach your target, do the following tasks:
1. As you observed the class, look into the characteristics of the learners. Note their ages.
- As I observed the class are noisy but they are very active in different activities in the class. There are learners also are so frisky because even though class hours, they roam around. Their ages ranges from 7-9.
2. How many boys are there? How many girls?
- In Grade I there are three boys and nine girls while in Grade II there are five boys and six girls.
3. Focus in their behavior. Are they already able to manage their own behavior?
- No, because they are still young in their age. They need more assistance to guide them. Their behavior can be easily affected even by little things in their environment.
4. Can the learners already work independently?
- Not all can already work independently. But there are other learners can work with their own.
5. Describe their span of attention.
- The span of their attention is not yet fully developed in the sense that sometimes if their teacher is discussing, some of them are talking to their seatmates and because of this they get low scores during exam.
6. Look into their listening skills and ability to concentrate.
- The listening skills of the pupils are good. However, they are easily destructed by their seatmates.
AN OBSERVATION GUIDE FOR THE CLASSROOM VISIT
1. Are there areas in...