The first trial of the new Source Management System (SMS) will be implemented at the Riordan plant in Pontiac, Michigan. The system will be easier to implement at this location since this plant is in charge to produce small amounts of costume plastic products. Teams were established and formerly launched with a meeting directed by Financial Director. The basic concept relating to the system presently used by Riordan Manufacturing in comparison to the Source Management System proposed by IT. A clear schedule for development, implementation, testing and approval of an IT strategy was provided. To promote effective utilization and exploitation of IT system by addressing the following requirements:
(1) To develop and apply expertise in these key areas
a. Auditing user acceptability
b. User requirement analysis
(2) To prepare a report based on an audit of user acceptability for consideration at IT strategy workshop
Scope of the audit
(1) Usage characteristics
a. Frequency of use
b. Range of system
(2) Task match
(3) Ease of use
a. Operation procedures
b. Terminal or workstation's ergonomics
c. Response time
(4) User support
a. Training - A two-day training class will be provided to the users allowing the user to become familiar with the Source Management System.
b. Customer Support - After two weeks IT managers, operation managers will collect feedback from the end users allowing Riordan developers to know areas where the system can be improved and what areas a meeting user's expectations.
Areas of Improvement
(1) In process flowchart cut-back on the amount of time to inspect the materials, sort in categories
(2) The amount of time the materials for an order are on-hold until the replacement quantities have been delivered. This needs to be reduced drastically if at all possible.
(3) Increase the Automated QC process to 90%
(4) Incorporate rejection log email process to... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2008, 01). Ffb. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 01, 2008, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Ffb-130269.html
"Ffb" StudyMode.com. 01 2008. 01 2008 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Ffb-130269.html>.
"Ffb." StudyMode.com. 01, 2008. Accessed 01, 2008. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Ffb-130269.html.