2 Di-Ammonium Phosphate (DAP).
3 Calcium Ammonium Nitrate (CAN).
4 Ammonium Sulphates (AS)
5 Single Super Phosphate (SSP)
6 Nitro phosphate (NP)
7 Sulphate of Potash
8 Zinc Sulphate
1. Urea: More than 90% of the world’s production is destined for use as a nitrogen-release fertilizer. Urea has the highest nitrogen content of all solid nitrogenous fertilizers in common use (46.7%).
2. Di-Ammonium Phosphate (DAP): It contains 46% P2O5 and 18% N. it is water soluble. It is a good source of P fertilizer for all crops. Good source for problem soils. Overall, it suits to about 90% soil of the country.
3. Calcium Ammonium Nitrate (CAN): Calcium ammonium nitrate (CAN) contains 27 % N and 20 % of ground limestone. This has a rapid as well as permanent effect. The granulation of this fertilizer ensures a quick and exact dosing.
4. Ammonium Sulphate (AS): (NHSO4) is an inorganic salt. It is used largely as an artificial fertilizer for alkaline soils. It lowers the pH balance of the soil, while contributing essential nitrogen for plant growth.
5. Single Super Phosphate: Superphosphate is a fertilizer produced by the action of concentrated sulfuric acid on powdered phosphate rock.
6. Nitro phosphate (NP): It provides 22% nitrogen, and 20% phosphorus. Nitrogen is a primary nutrient that really makes plants "grow”. Phosphorus is a primary nutrient that encourages rooting, blooming and fruit production in plants.
7. Sulphate of Potash: Potassium Sulphate is a non-flammable white crystalline salt which is soluble in water. This chemical is commonly used in fertilizers, providing both potassium and sulphur.
Major market Players:
1: Engro Fertilizer Ltd.
2: Fauji Fertilizer Company Ltd
3: Dawood Hercules
4. Fatima Fertilizer Company Ltd.
Engro Chemical Company Ltd
Engro Fertilizers Limited, a wholly owned Engro subsidiary, is a premier fertilizer manufacturing and marketing company with products that focus on balanced crop nutrition and increased yield. The company markets primary and secondary fertilizers like Engro Urea, Engro DAP, Engro Zorawar, Engro Zarkhez and Zingro.
Engro Fertilizers has successfully developed a loyal customer base all across Pakistan, not only by providing farmers with quality fertilizers, but also through extensive market development activities. A premier brand and nationwide presence of the company ensures sellout production. In 2010, the company achieved mechanical completion and started trial production of its urea expansion project at Daharki which is the world’s largest single train urea-ammonia plant. It is the largest private sector industrial investment in Pakistan.
Products of Engro
Engro UREA: is a trusted, high-grade fertilizer which is suitable for all crops on all types of soils. Engro Urea is an excellent source of Nitrogen for the vast majority of cultivated soils of Pakistan.
Engro DAP: contains 46% P2O5 and 18% N. It is a good source of P fertilizer for all crops. It is an equally good source on problem soils. On an overall basis it suits to about 90% soils of the country.
Engro Zorawar: is one of the highest grade phosphatic fertilizers. It is acidic in reaction more than 90% is water soluble. It is a beneficial fertilizer for all crops on all soils of Pakistan and produces excellent results on alkaline soils, due to its acidic nature.
Engro Phosphate: is brown colored mono ammonium phosphate with 11%nitrogen and 52% phosphorus. It is being marketed as relatively cheaper alternate of DAP.
Engro Zarkhez: is homogenously granulated fertilizer which maximizes crop yieldby providing balanced nutrition for a wide variety of crops through the uniform availability of Nitrogen, Phosphorous and Potassium. Fertilizers have low moisture content, high crush strength; 2mm-4mm granule size and free flowing nature -attributes which ensure excellent handling and application...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document