Milestone billing means distributing the total amount to be billed over multiple billing dates in the billing plan.
As each milestone is successfully reached, the customer is billed either a percentage of the entire project cost or simply a pre-defined amount.
During sales order processing, the system determines from the item category whether a billing plan is required and, if so, which type of plan
The type of billing plan that is determined at this point is set up in Customizing and cannot be changed in the sales document.
Billing plans for periodic billing and milestone billing plans for project-related milestone billing have different overview screens so that you can enter data relevant to your processing.
For example, for milestone billing, you must be able to enter data to identify the individual milestones.
IMG configuration requires :-
1. Maintain billing plan types for milestone billing in OVBO.
2. Define date description in SM30 - V_TVTB.
3. Maintain Date Category for Billing Plan Type IN OVBJ.
4. Allocate date category in SM30 - V_TFPLA_TY.
5. Maintain date proposal for Billing Plan Type in OVBM.
6. Assign Billing Plan Type to Sales Documents Type in OVBP.
7. Assign Billing Plan Type to Item Categories in OVBR.
8. Define rules for determining the date in OVBS.
Milestone billing is typically used for billing projects, such as plant engineering and construction projects. Such projects often include a series of milestones that mark the completion of different stages of the work. In the SAP R/3 System, milestones are defined in a network along with planned and actual dates for the completion of work. The milestones are also assigned to the billing dates in the billing plan.
Each milestone-related billing date is blocked for processing until the Project System confirms that the milestone is completed.
Delivery-relevant order items for which...