The United States Department of Labor maintains an excellent website that includes information on the nature of the work, working conditions, employment, training, advancement, job outlook, earnings, related occupations, and sources of additional information. Click here to visit the Department of Labor's website.
ARC Program Mission
The Funeral Service Education program at American River College is accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education (ABFSE), 3432 Ashland Avenue, Suite U, St. Joseph, MO 64506 (816) 233-3747.
The program will prepare students for entry-level employment in the funeral service industry; provide a strong theory-based curriculum and related clinical experience reflective of the current industry standard; and maintain or exceed the standards put forth by the accrediting board.
The American River College program began in 2002, assuming leadership of the program previously run by the San Francisco College of Mortuary Science (SFCMS).
ARC Program Objectives
· To enlarge the background and knowledge of students about the funeral service profession
· To educate students in every phase of funeral service, and to help enable them to develop the proficiency and skills necessary for the profession as defined by the American Board of Funeral Service Education
· To educate students concerning the responsibilities of the funeral services profession to the community at large
· To emphasize high standards of ethical conduct
· To provide a curriculum at the post secondary level of instruction
· To encourage students and faculty research in the field of funeral services
· To equip students with information related to the social, legal, psychological, religious and public health issues that are associated with death
· To offer students a comprehensive curriculum that will challenge their academic abilities that are consistent with the curriculum required by the American Board of Funeral Service... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 10). Fat People. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 10, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Fat-People-424114.html
"Fat People" StudyMode.com. 10 2010. 10 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Fat-People-424114.html>.
"Fat People." StudyMode.com. 10, 2010. Accessed 10, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Fat-People-424114.html.