By: Eric Schlosser
A: Exploring the Text
1. The Fast food industry is worth studying because society as we know it has been raised by the fast, fattening food and fast food companies. The way that this food is prepared is even affecting the USA & many other countries as well.
2. Some characteristics of these certain men who got involved with the fast food industry are, they have to be willing to take risks, know how to please society, and willing to get up off their feet and do some work that most people don’t want to do. They are always willing to work in order to gain more money.
3. They are a few parallels between Ray Kroc and Walk Disney, they are that both men served in the same exact emergency response unit for one of the world wars for the USA and the both of them were very driven men. Another way they’re related is that their hard work and determination pays off and they both become millionaires.
4. So many fast food employees are teenagers because the employers can pay them less than adults because they don’t have families to support on their incomes. The plus side of having kids work after school is that these working students don’t have time to get involved with the wrong kids/crowd and they are usually very well-behaved kids. They are also learning how to be responsible and earn their own money and support themselves. The cons of having teen-workers is people don’t necessarily usually like kids handling their food and kids having other priorities and being less available to work.
5. Some challenges of operating a franchise restaurant is that the big businesses buy the land, so that means they can take it away from a small business owner at any time they feel appropriate. Another problem is that some of the companies grant loans and charge the people paying off the loan ridiculous interest rates.
6. Major problems that deal with cattle ranchers are that the companies are now... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 10). Fast Food Nation: the Dark Side of the All American Meal Research Questions. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 10, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Fast-Food-Nation-The-Dark-Side-823511.html
"Fast Food Nation: the Dark Side of the All American Meal Research Questions" StudyMode.com. 10 2011. 2011. 10 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Fast-Food-Nation-The-Dark-Side-823511.html>.
- MLA 7
"Fast Food Nation: the Dark Side of the All American Meal Research Questions." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 10 2011. Web. 10 2011. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Fast-Food-Nation-The-Dark-Side-823511.html>.
"Fast Food Nation: the Dark Side of the All American Meal Research Questions." StudyMode.com. 10, 2011. Accessed 10, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Fast-Food-Nation-The-Dark-Side-823511.html.