1. Infrared thermometers are used to measures?
2. Food cannot be refrozen once it is thawed because?
Dangerous bacteria can grow on thawed food
3. What is the minimum temperature for transporting hot food and hot food holding items? 135 (F) degrees
4. The appropriate freezing method for destroying the anisakis parasite in fish is? -4 f degrees and held for 7days
5. What type of jewelry may a food handler wear while preparing food? Plain band
6. A women runs out of the bathroom in a fast food restaurant, and frantically tells the manager that the bathroom sink has backed up and is overflowing. What should the manager do? Close the restroom and call a plumber to unblock the drain
7. The concentration of a sanitizing solution is compromised when? The solution is to hot
8. All of these foods are potentially hazardous expect for? Raw asparagus
9. If the water supply to an establishment is shut off and there is no alternate portable water source? The establishment needs to close until the water supply is restored 10. The minimum internal temp of a pork roast or tuna casserole cooked in a microwave is? 165 (f) degrees for 15seconds
11. A food handler reports to the manager that he has been diagnosed with hemorrhagic colitis. The manager must? Ask the person to leave the establishment and report the incident to the health dept. 12. Clean plates are required for each trip to the buffet because? Contamination can be prevented
13. Frozen foods, other than ice cream, must not be stored at a temp. Over? 0 f degrees
14. Hand washing is not allowed in sinks that are?
Used for food prep
15. Light bulb in food prep area must?
Be covered to prevent physical contamination
16. The safe way to thaw large poultry or meat product is? In a frig at 41 f or lower
17. The minimum temp and time allowed for cooking a roast beef is? 130 f for 112 min
18. Hand antiseptics can be used?
After proper hand washing
19. Which of the following is the best method for killing bacteria in ground beef? Cook to 155 f for 15 sec
20. Which of these disease- causing bacteria may be found in the shell eggs? Salmonella
21. Cooked food is a self serve establishment that has been in the danger zone of under 135 f to over 70 f internal temp of? 165 f – for 15 sec
22. When displaying live shellfish for consumption, the FDA food code requires that you? Have a HACCP plan and a variance
23. The chef prepared a large quantity of homemade beef stew and divided it up into two shallow pans for cooling. He placed the pans in the refrigerator and stirs them frequently. However, he was unsuccessful in cooling the stew from 135 f to 70 f within 2 hrs. What must the chef do to cool the stew? Reheat stew at 165 f for 15 sec and begin cooling process again 24. The entire hand washing process should take at least? 20 sec
25. Listeria bacteria is especially dangerous because?
It can grow in dish water
26. Back siphoning occurs when the portable water pressure is lower than the waste water pressure and the waste water backs into the portable water-cross connection? Air gaps
27. Which of these foods in the most likely source of botulism? Vegetables in a swollen can
28. The internal receiving temp of fresh?
29. Which organism is most likely to multiply in vacuum or airless packaged foods? Clostridium botulinum
30. The minimum wash temp for chemical sanitizing in a ware washing machine should be? 120 f degrees
31. To manually hot water sanitize in a three sink process, the item must be in the water that is at minimum? 120 f – 30 sec
32. Which of the following is a safe food handling practice? Clean and sanitize food surfaces in constant use every 4 hrs 33. In a Hazards Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) plan, CCP’s are identified in? Flow chart
34. Measure a chicken noodle casserole where do you...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document