* Mark the main flows of goods and money in the diagram (above) and employ a key or table of descriptive elements to explain your answer.
Key Symbol| Explanation|
| The supplier gives the FastFit Warehouse the goods that the company needs. The excess is then stored as inventory. | | The double-sided arrow explains the communication between the headquarter and the warehouse in that the warehouse has to let the headquarters know how many goods are in storage, how much is needed, and by when. | | The warehouse sends the packaged goods to the stores |
| Once the goods are in the stores, the customer then chooses the good, purchases it, and takes it home.| | In exchange for the goods that the store has provided the customer, the customer gives money for the goods to the store.| | * The store sends the money that has been received and what was purchased in return from what store. * Information about what goods are popular and what goods are left on the shelf for a long time.| | * From the headquarters, FastFit sends information to the suppliers that they need more goods, as communication. * Also, the headquarters pays the suppliers for the goods that they received
| The headquarters send rules and regulations as to how they want the store to display certain items and the employers.| | The store sends the money and information about what is needed in stores, through the IT system, to the warehouse.| | The supplier sends the headquarters all the information about what they have shipped to the warehouses and how much money it is owed.|
a) List the specific items of information that are usually gathered at the POS (Point of Sale terminal or cash register) and recorded when a customer checks out (excluding obtaining the identity of the customer which is covered in Q3)? b) What are three important uses of this information at the store by the store manager and by headquarters management – a total of six uses?
a.) At the POS,
* The cash register scans the barcode and it shows up on the computer. * At this point, the quantitative identity that was given to the item is brought up on the computer and sent to the IS system. * Then, the item is bagged.
* Then, the customer gives the cashier the money in exchange for the good. * If the customer pays with card, the card has to be approved by the bank before proceeding. * Once the bank approves, the customer leaves with the goods * And the IS records what was sold, what time it was sold, and to whom.
Role| Important Uses|
Store Manager| * Manager sees what items are the most popular so which to display at the front of the store. * Which items aren’t selling as well to boost sells * Which items to not order/order more from the head quarters| Headquarters management| * Which goods to order more/less of from suppliers * Which goods are the bestsellers/worst sellers * Revenue|
* a) What are some ways to obtain the identity of the customer at the POS and to associate this “identity” with more detailed information about the customer? b) What business actions could FastFit then take based upon this additional information?
Ways to Obtain Information| Types of Information Obtained| Credit card| The name of customer and their identity|
Ask for email| Email address to send promotions |
Ask to fill out survey | See WHO the customer is, aka demographics|
Obtain Information| Business Actions|
Fill out survey| See which demographics appeal to their customer, aka who’s buying what and advertise accordingly| Ask to join Facebook page| Update social medias about promotions, sales, and advertising alike.|
* Assume HQ is responsible for replenishing inventory at the stores. a) What information is needed and how is it used...