Mark the main flows of goods and money in the diagram (above) and employ a key or table of descriptive elements to explain your answer.
1. Customer enters store to buy sporting equipment
2. Store sells equipment to customer
3. Customer gives store money
4. Store sends money to HQ
5. Store informs warehouse of sporting equipment that is needed 6. Warehouse sends equipment to store
7. Warehouse informs HQ of what is being sold so HQ knows what inventory is being used up and is needed 8. HQ orders new equipment from suppliers
9. Supplier sends invoice to HQ for equipment
10. Suppliers send equipment to warehouses
11. HQ pays suppliers
12. Warehouse distributes equipment to stores and customers that made orders 2. A. List the specific items of information that are usually gathered at the POS (Point of Sale terminal or cash register) and recorded when a customer checks out (excluding obtaining the identity of the customer which is covered in Q3)? Staff Information
| * Staff name * Staff position * Staff ID
| Buying Product (s)
| * Date and time * Transaction # * # of items sold
| Cash Register Information
| * Register # * Register model
| Product Information
| * Product barcode * Price of item * Color/style of item
| Payment Information
| * Payment method * Credit/debit card # * Total amount paid * Promotion code * Discount code
| Store Information
| * Store name * Store address
B. What are three important uses of this information at the store by the store
manager and by management at the headquarters– a total of six uses?
| Information Elements Used by Managers
| Information uses by Managers
| Product barcodeTransaction #Payment method
| The manager can use these elements to see if customers pay in cash for smaller orders and use credit cards for larger orders.
| Number of items soldColor/style of itemDate and time
| The manager can use these elements to see when new inventory needs to be ordered and how much should be ordered.
| Staff IDDate and timeRegister number
| The manager can use these elements to see during what times of the day and week employees encounter the most customers.
| Information Elements Used by HQ
| Information uses by Headquarters
| Date and timeProduct bar code Number of items sold
| HQ can use these elements to see what products sell better during different seasons and times of the year.
| Price of itemNumber of items soldPayment method
| HQ can use these elements to see when prices need to be increased or decreased and if a product should be dropped from the store or if more of a certain product needs to be kept in stock.
| Transaction numberRegister numberPayment method
| HQ can use these elements to see how many transactions occur on a certain register every day, week, or year to see when new registers will need to be ordered due to overuse.
3. A. What are some ways to obtain the identity of the customer at the POS and to associate this “identity” with more detailed information about the customer? 1) One way customer information can be obtained at the POS is through their credit card or debit card information, if that is how they pay. 2) Another method to obtain this information would be to ask for the customer’s phone number to pull up the information they have on record, like the customers address. 3) A third way to get this information would be to ask the customer for their ID card (if the company offers a membership/reward card) which pulls up basic information about customer.
B. What business actions could FastFit then take based upon this additional information?
| Information Elements
| Business Actions
Please join StudyMode to read the full document