HS140 Week 6 Assignment
Name: Chantea Braddock
Please answer the case study questions, showing your work where applicable. Each question is worth 5 points.
A patient is prescribed a pain medication with the directions: i tab PO q 12h The patient takes the first does upon waking at 8:30 am.
1. When should the second dose be taken?
The second dose should be taken at 8:30 pm.
2. Read pages 146 and 147 in the textbook and then express your answer using international standard time. 2030, would be 8:30 pm because the pm symbol tells you this is in 12 hour format and that it is evening, so add one digit for each hour after noon, drop the pm symbol and drop the colon.
A patient is going to be given an injection for arthritis. The medication comes in a vial that needs to be stored at 20°C to 25°C.
1. Read pages 147-150 in your textbook. Convert this temperature to Fahrenheit. 20°C to 25°C converted to Fahrenheit is 68°F to 77°F.
2. Would this medication be stored in the refrigerator?
No, this medication does not need to be refrigerated because it is stored at the same temperature and room temperature.
A mother calls the clinic because her son is not feeling well. You ask if the son has a fever and she responds that his temperature is 72°C.
1. Referring to pages 147-150 in your textbook. Convert this temperature to Fahrenheit. 72°C converted to Fahrenheit is 161.6°F.
2. Does her son have a fever?
Yes, her son has a dangerously and deadly high fever.
In a “24 hour” walk-in clinic, immunizations are given only on Mondays between 0715 and 1115.
1. Which statement best describes these hours?
A. Monday morning only
B. Monday morning through Monday evening
C. Monday morning and afternoon
D. Monday evening only
2. The clinic decides to offer immunizations on Saturday between 10 am and 2 pm. How would you express this in international standard time? You...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document