A- Do you think that the company is making the right decision by not automating the packing of cookies? Explain. And what obligation does the company have to its employees and to the community? Yes, because the factory is located in a small town that provides workers to the factory and owners feel an obligation to insure to them that they will not lose their jobs, and the owners obligation to the community is to employ 30 women who do the boxing.
B- Is the size of the town a factor? Would it make a difference if the company was located in a large city? Yes, because if the factory is located in a larger city it will find various suppliers with good quality and competitive prices.
C- Is the size of the company a factor? What if it was a much larger company? Yes, because if the factory is larger the number of employee needed will increase and that will make automation much better & cheaper.
5. As a consumer, what things do you consider in judging the quality of cookies you buy in a supermarket? I will consider display, variety, good packing, shape and taste in judging.
6. What advantages and what limitations stem from the company's not using preservatives in cookies? The company markets its cookies as " good food " and this appeals to a health-conscious segment of the market because many customers are over 45 years of age, and prefer a cookies that is soft and not too sweet also parents with young children buy the cookies.
7. Briefly describe the company's strategy.
I will make a list of strategies:
1. Informal atmosphere at work to make employees more confidence. 2. Producing cookies with high quality putting health of customers in concern. 3. Selling cookies in convenience stores & supermarkets. 4. Improving machines to increase production.
5. Selling improperly mixed batches as dog food and broken cookies are used in the oatmeal cookies to reduce costs. 6. Using ovens heat for warming the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document