1. Why is it important for a case manager to develop rapport with a client? Provide three examples of how rapport can be generated.
2. Why are statutory requirements necessary? What impact do they have on the case manager’s role?
3. What information might you need to gather from the families of clients?
4. List two elements that may be considered to be characteristics of a complex case.
5. Describe two strategies you may employ when dealing with a client with complex issues.
6. Case management plans must be developed in order to reflect the initial assessment of needs. Why is it essential that these plans be designed in consultation with clients?
7. Casework processes should be continually monitored for effectiveness. a) List two reasons why this is necessary. b) How should monitoring be undertaken?
8. If changes to a case plan are required, who should be consulted prior to the changes being made?
9. Why is cultural consideration important as part of case management planning?
10. Outline three strategies you think a workplace needs to have for including cultural awareness in the planning process?
11. You are a Team Leader in a Community Service Organisation and your organisation has just employed a new case worker. Describe two strategies that can help facilitate casework consultation between staff to maximise their performance in their new role. Best practice and promoting high-quality case management
12. What is meant by the term ‘best practice case management’? Why is best practice a significant service delivery benchmark?
13. How can case workers benefit from appropriate leadership, support, advice, supervision and challenges? In what ways might these improve service delivery?
14. Legislation, organisational policies and procedures can change over time. How might case management leaders support case managers in keeping up to date with...