EXPLAIN THE REASONS FOR MIGRATION OF THE INDIGENOUS PEOPLE TO JAMAICA AND THE WIDER CARIBBEAN * Before the rennasnce while eroupe was in great turmoil * A nation would rise from Europe
* Its people strong and ambitious to gain more power and make their nation richer * They conquered an united with other European states
* But Europe seemed to be too small of a country for ther people of higher standards and information * So they went out to coquor the world in the name of god and they suseeded * They gain power over the world and Christianized over ½ the worlds population * They built an empire unlike anything the world has ever seen and this lasted for 4 centuries * They revolutionized the world more than any modern nation in history * They were the spanards and their empire
* With possessions of several other regions namely :north & south America parts of Africa and other parts of Europe * And it all started wen a geneses explorer financed by spain rediscovered the new world cc * The Columbian expedition left from the port of palos de frontera on august 3,1492 * With the ships la nina la pinta and la santa maria
* He reached the new world in October 12 1492 More explorers and conquistadors would follow him through unknown territories in hope of finding wealth and power many would fail and few would achive it .men like these would achive it:Francisco pizarro –of concuque inca empire,hernan cortez-concuque the aztec empire * Spain already the strongest state on the European continenet would inherit the most powerful monarch in Europe in 1516 charles 5th holy roman emperor –he would involve spain in many of the European wars and affairs * Great Italian wars 1494-1559.Battle of pavia (1525):Spanish tercios destroyed the French army and captured French king francis I starting spain military dominance in European battltefields that would last until the mid 1600 * The aftermath of these long cruel wars established spian as the premier and as the premier and unchallenged European power on the eve of emperor Charles 5th death in 1558 the Spanish empire spanned 4 million square kilometers bigger than the roman empire (bc 17) * The empire on which the sunnever sets
* A new heir in 1556 after the abdication of Charles 5th holy roman emperor his son inherited the spamish crown * Joint style phillip by the grace of god king and queen of spain England ,france Jerusalem both the sicilies and Ireland ASSESSED CULTURE
| CULTURAL TRAITS
| This was made from local red brown and grey clays.pots were not glazed but instead decorated with markings to represent each villagethe most elaborate pots were that of funeral uruns for holding the bones of the ancestor or containing food for the grave
| the Taíno diet consisted of meat and fishand carbohydrates.they hunted rodents, bats, ducks, turtles, and small birds. The Taíno groups who dewelled deeper in side the island relyed on agriculture. One of the Taíno's primary crops was cassava, which they ate as a flat bread similar to bammyl. The Taínos also grew maize, squash, beans, peppers, sweet potatoes, yams and peanuts. The Taíno also grew tobacco.
| New borns had their skulls bound between boards so that they would grow up with high elongated heads.they often offered food and clothing to the sprits and ask for forgiveness and help.tobacco was use by the priests to get into a trance and it was in this trance sprits would speak to them.death was some thing to look forward to. The Taíno practiced polygamy, The Taíno spoke Arawak
| They made canoes transportation (some were lage enough to carryabout 70 people) and had stone tools made from stones or metal. They also made baskets from straw and wove clothes using their crafting skills.weapons were made of flint while fishing arrows and spears were tipped with bone.fish...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document