1. Explain the department you have chosen. This includes the name, mission, and goals of the department.
a. The department that I have chosen is Wal-Mart shoe department. The mission is to provide comfortable shoes for the customer to make their day happy. The goals of the department would be to offer stylish shoes at a price that the customer can afford.
2. Which functional area of the five explained in the reading does your department best fit into? Explain the functional area’s mission and goals.
b. The functional area that best describes the Wal-Mart shoe department would be operational. The reason that it would be operational because the employees work to please the customer and make the customer happy, and to carry shoes that are comfortable, stylish and are available at a reasonable price. c. The mission of the operations are as follows:
1. To successfully handle the inbound and outbound communications. 2. To be able to maintain or evaluate quality assurance standards. 3. To maintain or evaluate quality service
d. The goals of the operations area are as follows:
1. Utilize efficient means of technology such as a telazon
3. Specifically describe how the department’s responsibilities help the functional area meet its missions and goals.
By maintaining the stock of the shoe and by keeping the quantity of shoes can keep the customers happy and keep them coming back. If the department has employees that are helpful and that can keep the shelves stocked this can help the department meet its missions and goals. 4. Specifically describe the organization. This includes the name, mission, and goals of the organization. e. I have chosen the Wal-Mart shoe department. Their mission is to work to provide comfortable shoes for the customer to make their day. The goals of the department would be to offer stylish shoes at a price that the customer can afford and to keep the shelves stocked.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document