As part of the government’s scheme in raising and maintaining national standards for recognised qualifications it is of importance to maintain certain records. Training Organisations are subject to inspection by OFSTED so have to keep records for performance, safety and financial reasons.
• Registers-attendance at lessons
• Visit Report Forms-proof you are visiting candidates • Course assessment sheets-record of tests and progress • Course feedback forms-feedback from candidates
• Health and Safety Check Forms-Ensuring safe working environment • Equality and Diversity Forms-Ensuring no discrimination • Individual Learning Plans-Targets and timescales
As an NVQ Assessor I am aware of the following legislation and code of practice below:
• Health and safety
• Equal opportunities
• Data Protection
• Disability Discrimination
• Risk Assessment
• Lone working
Health and Safety: The health and safety Act 1974 (HASAWA) places certain responsibilities on both employers and employees. It is the responsibility of the employer to provide a safe working environment, however it is also the responsibility of the employee to show reasonable care for their safety. Therefore within health and social care there are responsibilities for both the employer and employee to maintain a safe working environment. Some of these are: Employers
• Provide a safe workplace.
• Ensure there is safe access to and from the workplace
• Provide information on health and safety
• Provide health and safety training
• Undertake risk assessment for all hazards.
• Take reasonable care for their safety and the safety of others
• Cooperate with employer in respect to health and safety matters
• Not intentionally damage any health and safety equipments or materials provided by...