Due Week 8 and worth 240 points
This paper is a continuation of Assignment 2.
Assume that the industry you wrote about in Assignment 2 wants to expand and that its only option is a merger. Now the industry is confronted with government regulations to oversee the merger. Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
1. Explain why government regulation is needed, citing the major reasons for government involvement in a market economy.
2. Justify the rationale for the intervention of government in the market process in the U.S. 3. Assuming that the merger faces some threats and that the industry decides on self-expansion as an alternative strategy, describe the additional complexities that would arise under this new scenario of expansion via capital projects.
4. Analyze how the different forces will come together to create a convergence between the interests of stockholders and managers.
5. Speculate about the implications for the goals of the firm as to whether to maximize the industry’s profits or to create more value for the shareholders.
6. Use at least three (3) high-quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must
follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are: Apply macroeconomic concepts to changes in a national economy and how they affect economic growth, inflation, interest rates, and wage rates.