Change the following sentences into the passive voice.
1. The company exports computers to other countries.
Computers are exported to other countries by the company
2. The school choir is singing a song.
A song is being sung by the school choir
3. Ming Shen has not broken the vase.
The vase has not been broken by ming shen
4. The postman delivered the letter just now.
The letter was delivered by the postman just now
5. The cinema was screening the new horror movie.
The new horror movie was being screened by the cinema.
6. The police had found the man’s body when the reporters arrived. The man’s body had been found by the police when the reporters arrived.
7. The manager will lock the shop before he goes home.
The shop will be locked by the manager before he goes home
Change the following sentences into the active voice.
1. The car is polished by him.
He polishes the car
2. The boy is being chased by the bees.
The bees are chasing the boy
3. All the arrangements for us have been made by Mr Kumar. Mr kumar has made all the arrangements for us
4. Karim was punished for playing truant by the discipline teacher. The discipline teacher punished karim for playing truant.
5. The light bulb was not being changed by Siak Pang.
Siak Pang was not changing the light buld.
6. All the cakes had been sold by Devi before five o’clock. Devi had sold all the cakes before five o’clock.
7. The letter will be sent to the company by him afterwards. He will send the letter to the company afterwards.
EXERCISE 1 (answer key)
ACTIVE VOICE – PASSIVE VOICE
1. Computers are exported to other countries by the company.
2. A song is being sung by the school choir.
3. The vase has not been broken by Ming Shen.
4. The letter was delivered by the postman just now.
5. The new horror movie was being screened by the cinema.
6. The man’s body had been...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document