University of Phoenix Material
Marge’s Library Research Worksheet
1. What is your SMART career goal?
I am going to start my own business.
I am going to get a business license and start my own business. I am going to graduate from the University of Phoenix, get a business license, and start my own business by the year 2025. I am going to graduate from the University of Phoenix with an Associate degree in Business, get a business license, and start my own business. I am going to graduate from the University of Phoenix in two years with an Associate degree in Business Management, get a business license, and start my own business by the year 2025.
2. Locate one article in a source from in the University Library related to your career goal. Provide the required information below:
• Author(s) of the article: Dixon, Drew
• Date article was published: Feb. 3, 2013
• Title of the article: Rainbows turn to rain on new business dreams: Starting a business is harder work than most entrepreneurs say they expected • Title of the Publication (magazine, journal, newspaper): Florida Times Union • Is this article from a scholarly journal (peer-reviewed)? no • What words did you use to find this article? Starting a business • Did this article include an abstract? yes
3. Summarize the article (100 to 150 words) The article I chose is about people not being realistic when starting a business. The article talks about two different entrepreneurs starting a business. One failed the first time around, but eventually made his dream come true. The second person made her dream come true the first time around, but still says her experience in getting started was hard. They both tell us in the article starting a business is hard work and people go into the process with “rainbows in their eyes”, which is an unrealistic way to be when starting a business....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document